Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And got this!

Took it for a 50 mile test ride yesterday, and was sold. I'm not going to need an aftermarket seat, nor am I having to buy the extended controls, they threw that in for free, along with a few other bells and whistles, much more than what the Honda shop would do, and above all, the comfort was amazing, I didn't want to stop riding just to do paperwork, but I did.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Nice bike Sailor...

What you get for the Matte Fury??? Not be tooo nosie:D:D

I was wondering what they were going for?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Congrats on getting something more suitable for your needs. I don’t care what you ride and long as you’re riding!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Well, there was no peer pressure, I have wanted a Street Bob ever since they came out, I did have a four wheeler and a couple of motocross bikes not getting used and they each had less than 20 miles on them. I had no idea that HD takes all kinds of trade ins, to include cars, trucks, trailer, ATV, etc. That is why I picked up the Fury in November, traded in the ATV's, and got my Fury for 8 grand, dumped a couple extra grand into it. Fwds, custom sissy bar (no drilling required), reaper tips from RAW, and grips. They gave me 10 G's for it, but actually paid it off and walked away will 2500 in my pocket. They had a private seller interested in it that is how I got so much, so, I picked up the Street Bob, and very happy. Bigger engine, 6th gear, custom handlebars, Vance/Hines exhaust. I don't care what you ride just as long as you like the wind. And also, I got tired of dumping money into something that doesn't have a good resale value, I have everything I want on my new bike. Most importantly the seat is freaking awesome, way better than the Fury. I'll be lingering around every now and then, and hope to see some awesome Fury's out there. I did learn alot on here, enjoy.

Also, Kelley Blue Book has a 2010 Fury in good condition resale value for only 7400, unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Also, Kelley Blue Book has a 2010 Fury in good condition resale value for only 7400, unbelievable.
Meh... I didn't buy the fury to re-sell it. I bought the fury so I know it starts in the morning and my garage is clean of oil...

To each his own... I love honda and will never turn to the dark side... :p

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Congrats on your new bike!
But you are incorrect about the Kelly blue book. The retail value of a STOCK 2010 is $10,400. Just looked it up. The expected TRADE IN VALUE is $7400. Only a fool would trade in their Fury for that much. Good thing you didn't! But you got $10,000 for yours because it's worth at least that much. And Harley needs sales in a bad way! But it sounds like you made out and that is the important part! Glad your happy! We all know we could use a little more power! Believe me, it is crossing my mind every time I ride. We need a 1800 fury!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Glad your happy with the new ride....but make sure you keep that Ben Franklin in the hidden pocket of your wallet. The first time ya go to HD dealer you'll find out what H.D. really stand for.............................$100.

I've had two HD's both 1200CC but wouldn't trade my Fury for anything except maybe a SStrike....but would still have to have them throw in a few things first....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sold mine too

I too sold/traded-in my 2010 fury.
I needed more engine and an extra gear.
Something with more long term value.
More range in the tank.
More aftermarket availability.

I've been eyeballing the 2011 Dyna Wide Glide for some time/

Don't get me wrong, I liked my Fury. I liked the WCFR (great group of people)

I ride a lot of freeways here in So Cal. On the Fury I felt every bit of 75 mph. The engine wailing like i was trying to do 100.
(Fury needs to a 1800 with a 6 spd tranny)

Dyna smooth as warm butter on hot buns even at 100mph
190 miles per tank avg. - yes I can stay in the saddle that long.
road dips are handled better than the Fury

Pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
as much as I hate seeing people selling their fury I'm glad you guys found a bike that fits you and makes you happy! It's all about loving what you ride and riding what you love. (that's why I bought the fury and probably will never give it up. It fits me perfectly!)

Congrats all on your new rides! I really like the way drag bars look on HD's. Real nice.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
You all know the old saying " you meet the nicest people on a Honda ". Well you just proved it. After reading all the replys to Sailer getting a new HD, everyone had something possitive to say and wished him the best. Can you imagine if you were on a HD forum and you made the statment that you were getting ride of your HD and buying a metric! You would probably recieve death threats!:eek: Sailor, enjoy your new ride and to the rest of you Fury owners, you make me proud to be a Honda owner.........

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats to both of you. Salior I cannot believe you got that much for the trade in. That sheds a little positive light for anyone looking to sell soon.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Well, there was no peer pressure, I have wanted a Street Bob ever since they came out, I did have a four wheeler and a couple of motocross bikes not getting used and they each had less than 20 miles on them. I had no idea that HD takes all kinds of trade ins, to include cars, trucks, trailer, ATV, etc. That is why I picked up the Fury in November, traded in the ATV's, and got my Fury for 8 grand, dumped a couple extra grand into it. Fwds, custom sissy bar (no drilling required), reaper tips from RAW, and grips. They gave me 10 G's for it, but actually paid it off and walked away will 2500 in my pocket. They had a private seller interested in it that is how I got so much, so, I picked up the Street Bob, and very happy. Bigger engine, 6th gear, custom handlebars, Vance/Hines exhaust. I don't care what you ride just as long as you like the wind. And also, I got tired of dumping money into something that doesn't have a good resale value, I have everything I want on my new bike. Most importantly the seat is freaking awesome, way better than the Fury. I'll be lingering around every now and then, and hope to see some awesome Fury's out there. I did learn alot on here, enjoy.

Thats a great deal! I was looking at the FAT BOB before I bought the Fury...

I would get a NEW FAT Boy if I could get a good rate like 2% or 0% and 10K for the Fury on trade:cool:

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
who gives a crap as long as it has two wheels.just ride a lot and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts