1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One bad ass fender!!

Dual Headlights

Front fender

We did all the work other than paint I sold it to a friend and she now shows it( I never did), already has a second at J&P cycles open house and numerous other small show wins. I Hope to get the Fury to beyond where this one ended up!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
question for you. when you sold the bike did you get more for it due to mods. seems like people selling modded furys are going for less than new.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Beautiful bike for sure! Can't wait to see what all you do to your Fury!

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
question for you. when you sold the bike did you get more for it due to mods. seems like people selling modded furys are going for less than new.
I bought it new in 2003 for 5200 sold it in 2010 with 10,000 miles for 5000 so I guess I got over blue book but no where near the mod cost. If you are customizing a bike you will only get blue book do it for yourself not for resale because you will lose your hiney!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yeah that's the way it goes with mods. They don't really add to the resale all the much because you know what the next guy is going to do? Tear the shit off and put what HE wants on there. Of course there's exceptions to this rule - such as my grandfather who bought his last bike with the BAK mod and V&H Pipes and rejetted carbs and he had no desire to alter anything on the bike. Over all the thing had a major mods - mirrors, floorboards, pipes, a/c, windsheild, lightbars, crashbars, saddlebags, back rests, seats, luggage rack, etc, etc. basically turned it into a touring bike. but my grandfather still only ended up paying 3500 for it which was probably less than what the guy had tied up in mods.

The biker world is tough! even performance mods don't hold up. Seems like a lot of riders couldn't give a shit less about a couple HP gain or some additional torque. They just want what looks good to them.

Not bashing anyone! I do the same thing occasionally! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts