Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I went with the cobra speedster pipes, witch sound really nice, and put the power commander 5 on. then I put on the barons BAK. nice piece but looks like crap behind it, so now i had to spend another 90 bucks to get a cover to go behind the new aircleaner. well anyway went for a nice ride to day, cruised on the back roads speeds around 40 - 55 mph. and wow I went 100 miles and then topped off my tank again. and figured out I got near 57 mpg's im very happy with that, has more snot and great throttle responce, but that poor setup of the barons BAK, makes me feel like its not worth the 268 bucks i paid for it.

but it works great.

so now waiting for the throttle body cover plate.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
well, I went with the cobra speedster pipes, witch sound really nice, and put the power commander 5 on. then I put on the barons BAK. nice piece but looks like crap behind it, so now i had to spend another 90 bucks to get a cover to go behind the new aircleaner. well anyway went for a nice ride to day, cruised on the back roads speeds around 40 - 55 mph. and wow I went 100 miles and then topped off my tank again. and figured out I got near 57 mpg's im very happy with that, has more snot and great throttle responce, but that poor setup of the barons BAK, makes me feel like its not worth the 268 bucks i paid for it.

but it works great.

that's just a way for them to make more money. It's the same with the Fuggin air intake adapter.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I know I want to get either the fuggin 90* or d&m spike but either way you gotta spend another 180 for the l&m cover. Are there any other options out there for covers for aftermarket air cleaners? The l&m is cool but it's not really the theme I'm working with my bike. I'd love something smooth and simple rather than angular.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just ticks me off, you spend alot of money on something and then you have to go and buy another part to finish it off what should have been with the KIT, isnt it called a KIT for a reason, for what i know kits should have everything to make the job right...
I didnt even order the TB cover from barons got it from mean cycles. that how ticked off I am, I also sent barons a nice email about it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you are looking for a real chopper look then you got it, but if you are looking for the ricer look then you need to cover.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
If you didnt have your PCV installed by a shop make sure you set the Throttle positioning on the software, and you may or may not have a map preloaded depending on the dealer you got it from. If not your probably running lean

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im certified dyno jet trained. I installed it my self, set the TPS setting, started with a stock bike base map, then put it on a dyno and ran it on the tuning link software, and let the dyno make the needed adjustments. I then set the map table up so that from just off idle, to 30% throttle input I have setup for MPG's the A/F ratio in that setting is 14:1 ratio. just over 30% throttle input the bike kicks into performance mode. now that I got a good tuned base map in it, that when I install the auto tune unit, that no matter the temps or sea level it will run the way I tuned it saturday night. For my tuning I spent 5 hrs making fine adjustments till I got it right, now i didnt run it for a HP or TQ reading, just put in a base map tune. I didnt have time to do a full run on the dyno. to put down the numbers at the tire. thats a diffrent program thats ran. the tuning link software, is just that for tuning it puts a load on the bike at diffrent rpms at diffrent throttle inputs. from 10% to 100% throttle inputs from 1000 rpms to 5000 rpms. its pretty cool to do, but takes time to do it right.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
im certified dyno jet trained. I installed it my self, set the TPS setting, started with a stock bike base map, then put it on a dyno and ran it on the tuning link software, and let the dyno make the needed adjustments. I then set the map table up so that from just off idle, to 30% throttle input I have setup for MPG's the A/F ratio in that setting is 14:1 ratio. just over 30% throttle input the bike kicks into performance mode. now that I got a good tuned base map in it, that when I install the auto tune unit, that no matter the temps or sea level it will run the way I tuned it saturday night. For my tuning I spent 5 hrs making fine adjustments till I got it right, now i didnt run it for a HP or TQ reading, just put in a base map tune. I didnt have time to do a full run on the dyno. to put down the numbers at the tire. thats a diffrent program thats ran. the tuning link software, is just that for tuning it puts a load on the bike at diffrent rpms at diffrent throttle inputs. from 10% to 100% throttle inputs from 1000 rpms to 5000 rpms. its pretty cool to do, but takes time to do it right.
Cool info Speedy!
Is it true that you can Dyno a stock bike and get it running better?
At Daytona a guy was running a Dyno tune truck you pull your bike up and they would dyno it for 100.00 I didnt do it but would it make a difference?

Thanks Led

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
well, I went with the cobra speedster pipes, witch sound really nice, and put the power commander 5 on. then I put on the barons BAK. nice piece but looks like crap behind it, so now i had to spend another 90 bucks to get a cover to go behind the new aircleaner. well anyway went for a nice ride to day, cruised on the back roads speeds around 40 - 55 mph. and wow I went 100 miles and then topped off my tank again. and figured out I got near 57 mpg's I'm very happy with that, has more snot and great throttle response, but that poor setup of the barons BAK, makes me feel like its not worth the 268 bucks i paid for it.

but it works great.

I got pretty much the same set up. Swept pipes.
I felt the same way. Went to get my bike and said to the mechanic "good job but that intake looks like shit."
Barons really pulls one over on us because they never show the intake from the top.
They really need to tell us that it will look completely UN finished without that throttle body cover.
Once you get that piece you will feel much better and be happy once again.
I promise.
Here's a few pics of the finished look with the barons. I will say I like the barons look the best. They even use REAL CHROME!!:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the Barons BAK. I just took some SS sheet metal and made a 4x3 inch cover plate to hide the electronics behind intake and secured it with the top bolt on the intake - looks OK, protects the wiring a bit and didn't cost alot of bucks - sorry no pics

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes you can tune a stock bike, and make it run better. but you would need to have a powercommander installed. then the bike could be fully retuned. dyno jet has a great base map for a stock bike. I have looked at there base mapping and i seen wear they richend it up in spots and leaned it out in others. I just drilled and welded on my O2 bung, this weekend I hope to have the auto tune unit installed. and let it do its thing. my custom base map tuned in very good, im going to run the auto tune unit and let it learn. then when i get her up on the dyno im going to do a full HP/TQ run on my custom tune, then another run just on the auto tune. and see witch puts down a good number, I know im dialed in as close to 100%. and im thinking the auto tune will just make minor adjustments to temp, and sea level. I went with the auto tune for later when i get down and dirty and start modding up my spare 1300 engine and get it as big as i can go, IM hoping for a short stroke 1800. and make the fury a little bit of a handle full to ride at WOT. well got a call from barons they are in the making of a throttle body cover. well to late got one coming from mean cycles.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah that looks great mrbyber, once i get my cover i might get it chromed or leave it black, first got to see how its looks in person. whats funny is i get a phone call from barons after I sent them an email. and they stated that they been getting alot of calls and are working on making up an add on cover. I told them well should have thought of that in the first place before selling it. I did say it works great, looks great from far, but up close its looks like crap, O and there TB cover is going to be an add on. so you have to but it by its self. anything to screw over the customer. after they buy the air cleaner then they find out O i need the TB cover to make it look good, and now i got to wait longer and spend more on shipping. it sould be in with the kit.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Exact reason why I still have the stock air intake. I can think of alot of other things I'd rather have instead of spending $xxx + $$$ for a chrome one + $$$ for a cover + XX$$ for an adapter and $$$ for some anal ease.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well heres the deal, when barons showed the air intake for the furry they showed it from the side never showed the top veiw. if i would have known i wouldnt have gotten it. but I like the performance of it, you can really hear it suck in air when you crack the throttle. and i mean I can hear with my full face helment on and over the cobra pipes w/baffles. you hear the pipes behind ya, and the sound of the air being sucked into the air cleaner. just gives that sound of power. Ill see how much of a change it has once i get the bike back on the dyno for a power run. so far im happy with the performance with what i have done. since im working on a spare engine for more power. thats another thread. now im working on making it look good. its all about riding in style. I hope for others out there barons puts there new cover in with the kit.
I have a barons BAK on my old roadstar 1600, and it looked killer on that bike. it hide everything. but then again larger wider tank. the carb sits more into the bike. O well. in the end ill be happy. but at the moment its an eye sore.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got pretty much the same set up. Swept pipes.
I felt the same way. Went to get my bike and said to the mechanic "good job but that intake looks like shit."
Barons really pulls one over on us because they never show the intake from the top.
They really need to tell us that it will look completely UN finished without that throttle body cover.
Once you get that piece you will feel much better and be happy once again.
I promise.
Here's a few pics of the finished look with the barons. I will say I like the barons look the best. They even use REAL CHROME!!:D

That's the same cover that I got with my Accutronix intake adaptor. You might watch out for that rear inside corner. I cut that corner off on mine about 1-1/2 inch forward on the vertical flange and 1 inch in on the horizontal surface because that corner rubbed hard on the water line that is right there and hard on the fuel supply line for the rear injector.

Don't need any water or fuel leaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
yes you can tune a stock bike, and make it run better. but you would need to have a powercommander installed. then the bike could be fully retuned. dyno jet has a great base map for a stock bike. I have looked at there base mapping and i seen wear they richend it up in spots and leaned it out in others. I just drilled and welded on my O2 bung, this weekend I hope to have the auto tune unit installed. and let it do its thing. my custom base map tuned in very good, im going to run the auto tune unit and let it learn. then when i get her up on the dyno im going to do a full HP/TQ run on my custom tune, then another run just on the auto tune. and see witch puts down a good number, I know im dialed in as close to 100%. and im thinking the auto tune will just make minor adjustments to temp, and sea level. I went with the auto tune for later when i get down and dirty and start modding up my spare 1300 engine and get it as big as i can go, IM hoping for a short stroke 1800. and make the fury a little bit of a handle full to ride at WOT. well got a call from barons they are in the making of a throttle body cover. well to late got one coming from mean cycles.
Did you set up the "accelerator pump" feature or do you think it is needed for these engines?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
That's the same cover that I got with my Accutronix intake adaptor. You might watch out for that rear inside corner. I cut that corner off on mine about 1-1/2 inch forward on the vertical flange and 1 inch in on the horizontal surface because that corner rubbed hard on the water line that is right there and hard on the fuel supply line for the rear injector.

Don't need any water or fuel leaks.
That makes sense that Accutronix sent you that cover.
I ordered mine from them. It's an Accutronix cover.
Also I made sure there was no rubbing or squeezing of any hose or lines.
good input though. Something to check and keep in mind.

·
Banned
622 Posts
i am currently hand forming a new style adapter for the fury air cleaner it will be powder coated to match factory paint ...only cause u really wont see it much and when im done with it u will be able to purchase it for under a hundred .... once i get a plater near me lined up the chrome should be around a 100 i am trying to keep it simple but affordable... prototype pics will be available by the 11th...ill post as soon as i have the pic uploaded

1 - 20 of 24 Posts