Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had they day off today so I managed to get a few things crossed off my Fury to do list. I installed new grips, installed the thunder baffles and then I went a little crazy.

More pics later...

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
WOW!!!
All that from installing some baffles?!:p

·
Registered
252 Posts
Black Engine

I had they day off today so I managed to get a few things crossed off my Fury to do list. I installed new grips, installed the thunder baffles and then I went a little crazy.

More pics later...

your going really like the results I just painted my engine black this week
once it was all reassembled it looked great the chrome covers really stand out now . :D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Did someone say chome covers?

And that is gloss black paint, I dont think I have seen a motor with gloss on it yet but I could be wrong. I might add a little something else before the night is over. Muwahahahah!

I havent really had a chance to ride with the baffles much, just around the block. I drilled a hole at 6" and I would say it is slightly deeper then no baffles, just about as loud, and what small amount of popping I had is totally gone. All in all I like them.

EDIT: If you are thinking about doing this, I believe both right side motor covers can come off, I knew the back one could but after I was finished I realized the front is plastic and probably just a outer cover also. The left has to stay on though.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
so did you go through the whole shabang and do any kind of sanding or use a 3M pad on it and rough anything up before painting? what kind of paint did you use? how long did it take you from start to finish approximately? anything else that you could think to help others do this, i have thought about doing this myself for a long time, guess since bighitter did his about a year ago but never got off my ass and wanted to take the time to do it but i have been thinking about this lately and taking the plunge to do it, thanks for any information.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
holy crap, john, that glossy paint is f'n awesome.
never cared for blacked out engines--now i know why.
the flat black against the glossy body paint just clashes too much for my taste.

that bike is going to look--dare i say it---

sick!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt try them in the stock holes, I just drilled new holes.

Actually all I did was clean the motor real good with brake cleaner and spray paint prep, wipe it down, mask it off and paint it. It took me about 3 hours to paint it start to finish so it wasnt bad. I dont know how well the paint will stick since I didnt rough it but time will tell I guess.

I used dupi-color gloss black ceramic enigine paint good to 500*.

Thanks skap, I never liked the flat black either but I had a feeling the gloss would look good.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Man, should have changed tires while you were at it--- Then you would have probably custom painted the entire bike, had new wheels installed, modified all the fenders, expanded the tank,installed apes, controls, intake.....Hell, who knows what else!!!:eek:

LOOKING GOOD! :D

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i hate to double-post but, i was a commercial photog for 25+ years and one of the things i learned to do when looking at any object before i shot it was to squint.
if you're on the fence about John's work, just look at that last shot and then squint. the highlights and lighter objects will flatten out and the dark areas (i.e. the engine) will blend into the 'blackness' of the bike.

you'll either dig it...or you won't.

now, after the squint test, i love it!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually I am first in line on a waiting list for chrome wheels that should be done any day now. :D As for fenders, well you know... ;)

Feel free to post all you want skap. I think the gloss black makes the chrome covers look amazing.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont think they shipped yet unless you know something I dont.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn you had me all excited. No worries, I was hoping to have them by next weekend for Strokers Spring Fling but I refuse to ask someone to work their ass off because I am impatient lol. I totally understand great work is never fast and fast work is never great. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
just realized that i got carried away asking questions that i forgot to say that it looks like a great job, i'm sure it will hold up for a long time and then all you probably have to do is a little touch up here and there, and thanks for answering the questions that i had.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looking really good. I just haven't had the balls to do this yet. I am worried about chipping down the road. I ride a lot and during the summer when it's 100+*, I just don't want to have it look like shit in a few years and have to do all the work again.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts