1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Looking good! it a Cadillac

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like it. Is that an additional brake light at that horizontal break in the fender, or you only using the light on the side with the plate holder? You fab that up yourself, Dave?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
You didn’t tell us Sick shipped your fender.

Looks good Dave, I like the chrome trim. Did you have any issues with the joints?

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like it. Is that an additional brake light at that horizontal break in the fender, or you only using the light on the side with the plate holder? You fab that up yourself, Dave?
Yes it has the Chrome glow light strip with added directionals in it. The photo's look a little weird for some reason and it looks a lot better up close. I'm still not sure about the look but its just one of a few ideas I've been playing with. The fender pops right off easy to replace with the stock one so I can change it out in seconds.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Is that a stock fender with some fiberglass work done to it? The side shot look great the way it follows the tire perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that a stock fender with some fiberglass work done to it? The side shot look great the way it follows the tire perfectly.

It is two stock fenders piggybacked together. Trying to follow the wheelwell line is key and very differcult with the stock fender because it is flawed to begin with. If you take a good look at your stock fender you will notice the fender is not position properly over the wheel. Honda did a very poor job on the rear fender that could have been easily corrected in the design stages..I'm still not thrilled with it and have a few more ideas but I'm out of fenders and need a couple more to continue.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
WOW DAVE!!! Please excuse me when I say "YOU FUCKIN NAILED IT!!!"
You actually stepped the fender down instead of trying to bend it to fit! So simple, yet you are the only one to come up with it! FANTASTIC!! This is by far the best, hands down rear fender for the stock Fury!! This blows away L&M! Yea, I said it! Because it's true!
Great job Dave! If I didn't have the sumo I would be paying you for this!
Keep it up!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm still not thrilled with it and have a few more ideas but I'm out of fenders and need a couple more to continue.
It looks like a few people are going to have some stock fenders sitting around after seeing Pete's bike so you get your chance. I love the fact you are re-using stock parts that can be found used for a cheap price.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Very nice Dave..........classy and bad ass all in one !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts