Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Lol, that actually might be fun, especially if all we had to use was premium gas. I like my 87 octane, but would love to see what the fury could really do, especially with the weight!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I know it’s not a sports bike, but I am all about getting more performance from the Fury. I am not convinced this kit is the ticket. Stuff like this has been around a long time and most is not proven or dyno’d. Making mods like this, if not done by a qualified person can often times hurt performance. There are a lot of variables to consider, i.e. air intake, exhaust etc. Done right, your still probably looking $100 for every 1 horse power gain. Worth it? I don’t know. Just my humble opinion. :)

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Gar, do you have an opinion or any experience with this? This is something that has always been on my radar, but I have never really be convinced of the end results.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Gar, do you have an opinion or any experience with this?..................
Gar;

Waiting patiently, but not very...........

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Thank you Richard and Fred for your patience. Had to get caught up on Richard's transition from a $1500 250 kit to a $5K kit :D. Actually the thread based on Sumo-X 250 kit makes a fascinating reread ;). Then of course it was time for a leisurely Sunday brunch :rolleyes:. Back in the saddle now, so to speak :p.

FONT][/color]
Com’on Gar, in the early stages of that thread you didn’t recognize the posturing?... Planting the sead….

I guess I’m not much of a poker player cause we all see where that ended up!:)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I don't think the increased wear on our motors will be worth the HP gain. I think the Fury has great acceleration and ability to haul on the highway. I want to keep my fury as reliable as possible. Not going to screw with my motor and possibly ruin the engineering Honda put into it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
I don't think the increased wear on our motors will be worth the HP gain. I think the Fury has great acceleration and ability to haul on the highway. I want to keep my fury as reliable as possible. Not going to screw with my motor and possibly ruin the engineering Honda put into it. Just my 2 cents.
i think i will take 2 cents worth of that too.this bike dose all i need.it will carry my butt from a to b.drill ended.keep the rubber on the ground.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
This is something I will definitely consider. Most likely for next winters mods. The only thing left I can Possibly even do to my fury, short of the anticipated 240 kit, is nitros which is stupid ( I have a CBR 1000 RR if I need speed) or internal mods.

One of the guys in my M/C has done all the internals on a Kawi like in this kit plus head work(not sure of size but I know less than 1300CC) and his bike screams now. Not only will it beat me on top end only our guys with the 1900 yamahas or VTX 1800's are faster.

I didn't buy the fury to race but I can't deny when we go to a roundup or out of town trip we don't always hum along at 70-80 and I don't like the 100 or 105 cutoff (whatever it is) Riding sport bikes since 94 may have got me spoiled and not used to cruising style, I don't know :)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Clearly, we need a hood scoop reaching forward ahead of the radiator ...
Hood scoop, ya, now let me think about this..........ya, if you just ran a chrome tube along the side to a point just forward of the radiator, you'd have what Chrysler used to call a "Cold Air Pack". Right? I gotta get right on this design! LOL

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
The title of this thread is misleading..
I cruise on my Fury.. not concerned with hoping it up with a HP kit...

Can we change the title to ... Something NOT interesting...:D

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
No need Tony ... Here's the interesting part. After the hop-up they take the old pistons and covert them into the boiler for an onboard espresso maker
. They were going to offer the cams in a device for grinding coffee beans but felt the average rider wouldn't care for the mess let alone the loss of the core charge.
You guys crack me up.
T

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
By the way....Glad to have you back Grand Master Gar! :eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Has there been a Gar sighting? Praise the Lord! We need some common scense around here. Somebody has to keep us all straight and not running off on all these tangents. Guess I missed it.:)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Has there been a Gar sighting? Praise the Lord! We need some common scense around here. Somebody has to keep us all straight and not running off on all these tangents. Guess I missed it.:)
Hmm ... not that I've seen. His last post here was 1/12; haven't seen one anywhere else. What am I missing?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts