Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Ultra Blue Metalic #100 and I love the look and the ride position with one exception at 25 to 30 miles in my tailbone is in pain.

Checked with Mustang seats and they have no plans for a seat.

However an engineer there gave me a contact to Sargent Cycle.

They will do a custom recover and redesign on my seat pan for $300 plus on my seat pan with a 15 business day turn around.

If I go that way I will be waiting to the winter when I go exclusvely with my Goldwing.

Anybody else find the seat a problem?

Also the front directionals have to go and pipes next.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I have a Ultra Blue Metalic #100 and I love the look and the ride position with one exception at 25 to 30 miles in my tailbone is in pain.

Checked with Mustang seats and they have no plans for a seat.

However an engineer there gave me a contact to Sargent Cycle.

They will do a custom recover and redesign on my seat pan for $300 plus on my seat pan with a 15 business day turn around.

If I go that way I will be waiting to the winter when I go exclusvely with my Goldwing.

Anybody else find the seat a problem?

Also the front directionals have to go and pipes next.
I have not experienced pain, but a numb bottom is common :p A thicker pad would be nice.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Rode my fury down to the Jersey shore all weekend and had no problem. I love how it rides. Of course, my feelings of comfort could be due to the fact that I have only ever ridden sport bikes. My back is loving the fury!!

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Have you made any adjustments to your rear shock? I read somewhere that it was set at the factory for the 200 lb range.
I have not touched it yet. The dealer I got my bike from mentioned something about me might having to stiffen it up a bit. Perhaps I will adjust it some tomorrow and see how it feels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
DeadSpider, thats what I would recommend. We I first rode mine my spine was getting jacked.

Cranked the shock one tick below hard and its much better. Im 190 lbs.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Have you made any adjustments to your rear shock? I read somewhere that it was set at the factory for the 200 lb range.
DeadSpider, thats what I would recommend. We I first rode mine my spine was getting jacked.

Cranked the shock one tick below hard and its much better. Im 190 lbs.
O WOW!!!

I adjusted the Spring Pre-Load to the line just before High and took a ride down River Road [HWY 18] between HWY 20 & HWY 3219. This is the stretch that was murder on me so I never went that way again. Well this time it was so much better. I mean it was a huge difference.

I am about to adjust it to the Max and see how that does for an even smoother ride for me. I was reading in the Manual there is another adjustment for Damping....I could not locate that for the life of me. Should I even bother with it if I can ever locate the adjuster?

·
Registered
466 Posts
That's why these forums are great. You're much better off now and without going to the stealer!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's working great, lots of pot hole here in Chicago. I did put on almost 200 miles this past weekend and butt was sore, may look it a new, modified, or "pro pad" . But that adjustment works for me. It just took a good 8 to 10 turns just to get it there. I think it was set low from factory... at least mine was.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw some company that does gel infused custom seats that I've considered. I have a similar problem to others here where my butt gets a bit numb after about 30-40 miles. I'd might consider the suspension adjustment first I guess, but I haven't read how to do it. How difficult was it to make the adjustment?

·
Registered
158 Posts
My lower back was hurting from road shock when I first got the bike. I remedied this by turning the shock preload to full soft so that now sharp bumps don't go straight to my lower back. The shock setting along with back support from the 'bikersfriend' luggage bag and my back is happy.

Oh, the shock damping adjuster can be found just behind the rubber flap connected to the rear fender. You'll see it if you start looking at the right side of the swingarm at rear of the bike and then look forward and deep, just past the rear fender/flap. It can be reached with a screwdriver (but just barely).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts