Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at these Fury's and I was wondering can anyone tell me how they sound Is there a site on here I can hear them? Also, noticed the welds were never grinded down to be smooth, all they did was paint over them. Seems kind of shoddy.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I have seen 3 wrecked fury's with head on damage and the welds hold and so do the triple trees. Supposedly they made the welds sloppy to emulate a garage built chopper, not knowing we know how to weld. :p

PS: if you are new contact Texas Fury, he still has some Texas Fury Patches.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Welds were done that way intentionally to mimic a custom chopper. They hold up fine. Sound varies HUGELY from stock to a lot of our unbaffled pipes so if you want stock I'd recommend a dealer, there's plenty of piped ones on youtube.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
there are a lot of furys in texas.just get with someone on this forum and hook up.that way you can see and hear in person.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
If he has been looking then he should know how stock sounds. Could this just be a troll?
Sounds like someone baiting the field to get Fury owners to bad mouth their bikes.....Maybe not :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Anybody that would put up their picture on the profile is probably at least a little interested in buying a Fury...

An honest opinion is all he is asking for...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Mental. I put some pictures up of the bike I built. It is under luckeylaredo I guess or new pictures. being new to the site I ams till trying to find my way a round. As for the other comments to the guys, my motorcycle was burned up in a fire recently at a motorcycle shop so I am looking around for a new one. I saw the cruisers and I looked at the chopper at two dealerships. I asked both if I could hear what oen sounded like. My bike did not sound like a Honda. It was almost lie a harley bt not quite. SDo iw as wondering what honda had to offer. Check out the pictures if you would like. Like I said, I have not decided what i want yet. I do like the cruisers but i think i would put a longer front end on them. Also, Thank you RedSpawn for believing what I was doing. I have no idfea how to put my bike on my profile. Maybe I did it but I am not sure I saw the pictures on the site but where they are i ahve no idea. Just look under luckeylaredo. Again, Thank you Mental.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Here ya go, Lucky... Hope the Fury is what you're looking for, be glad to have ya as one of us.

Pretty sure this isn't the work of a troll...

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
actually, if we take this request seriously...you really can't get a good idea as to how the various pipes sound on U-tube. I'd suggest going to some bike night's and/or to a dealer and asking them to DEMONSTRATE the bikes.

(the CAPS were meant to incite any dealer reps reading this...)

btw, Lucky, nice lookin' ride you built for yourself!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
The sound is great on these bikes with some aftermarket pipes btw. It doesn't have that rumpa thump thump that Harley has, but a much smoother purr that is better on the ears IMO.

Regardless, this is a good bike and I have already put 21,000 miles on it. From what the others said as well, the welds on the bike are supposed to be there. If you haven't gotten a chance, read the FAQ that Richard posted, it will answer a lot of questions.

There are some sound bits on YouTube as well, so long as you have some good speakers, you will be able to hear the sounds of the bike nicely actually (if you are electronically inclined with wires, take your computer and hook it up to the headphone jack on one of your TV's or a stereo and listen to the sound through some better speakers). They go from a moderate sound of the Cobra's to the ear shattering sounds of the Morton's and other straight pipes that are currently out there.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
The stock exhaust is useless. That's why everyone gets after market.
As RSS said it doesn't sound like a Harley. It sounds better in my opinion. Depending on which after market you get it will even be louder then a lot of Harley's. If that's your thing.
It sounds like you were not able to here one at the dealer?
If a dealer won't let you here one just tell him you will spend your $12,000 some where else. He'll start it!
Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts