Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to have a place for the local Brevard County Fury riders to chat and plan rides out...I live on Patrick AFB and work at Cape Canaveral AFS.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As far as I know, we're the only two on this forum. Did you happen to be riding north on South Patrick Drive last Sunday? Got a glance of a black fury and got excited! It's kinda nice not being the only one around anymore(well, not really, I don't have braggin rights anymore!)Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know, we're the only two on this forum. Did you happen to be riding north on South Patrick Drive last Sunday? Got a glance of a black fury and got excited! It's kinda nice not being the only one around anymore(well, not really, I don't have braggin rights anymore!)Welcome to the club.
Yep, that was me...I rode down to Sebastian Inlet SP with a buddy earlier in the day, and was coming back from his house probably.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, sure is...so do you live back in that area? that same buddy i was talking about usually hits up some bike night in the palm bay/melbourne area on thursday nights...do you go to one too on thursdays?

well we'll have to get up and ride sometime...I'm like you, I haven't seen any other furys on the road other than my own.

the name's jamie btw

·
Registered
45 Posts
I actually don't go to any bike nights. Not quite the partier. That all slows down when you have a kid. I live in Melbourne. Actually, I moved down to Florida from Langley AFB about 24 years ago. Dad was in the AF for 22 years. There's my little something in common. Hubby and I have ridden together on his VTX for years and I just decided it was time to put aside the fears and go for it myself! I know I bought the first fury in Brevard, but I'm pretty sure at least 3 others have been sold. So keep a look out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got the first Fury in Orlando back in May. The dealer was just rolling her out of the box @9am Saturday morning. They have since sold four of them but I havent seen any on the road. Post if you all plan a ride or to meet at a bike night. I am only 30 minutes or so from Cocoa.
Funny here in Orlando, the Harley guys cant figure out what kind of bike it is they think its a custom and the metric guys think its a Harley.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually don't go to any bike nights. Not quite the partier. That all slows down when you have a kid. I live in Melbourne. Actually, I moved down to Florida from Langley AFB about 24 years ago. Dad was in the AF for 22 years. There's my little something in common. Hubby and I have ridden together on his VTX for years and I just decided it was time to put aside the fears and go for it myself! I know I bought the first fury in Brevard, but I'm pretty sure at least 3 others have been sold. So keep a look out.
I'm in the same boat too...not a partier either, just wanting to get out and see some bikes. I'm married with three daughters myself, so I'm pretty much in bed by 10 or so LOL.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the first Fury in Orlando back in May. The dealer was just rolling her out of the box @9am Saturday morning. They have since sold four of them but I havent seen any on the road. Post if you all plan a ride or to meet at a bike night. I am only 30 minutes or so from Cocoa.
Funny here in Orlando, the Harley guys cant figure out what kind of bike it is they think its a custom and the metric guys think its a Harley.
I've gotten the same thing, since buying mine...most folks think it's some $25K chopper or something. I'll definitely post up if planning for a ride or something; keep your eyes on this thread, maybe we can hit the roads this weekend.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hoping to ride today or tomorrow. Although, the weather hasn't been cooperating lately. Seems like everytime I want to ride, the rain starts up. I draw the line at Florida thunderstorms. Can't take the chance. Can't wait til the fall, when it cools down a bit. And, yep, people always give me the double take when I tell them it's a Honda and then hit em with the price. It's like a one two punch!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Daytona ride this weekend!

Planning on heading up to Daytona this coming weekend if anyone is game for that...more info to come mid-late week on exact day/time.

Also, I plan on hitting up Biketoberfest in Daytona if anyone wants to plan anything then as well; maybe we can ride up there as a pack of Fury's to show them Harley boys and girls what Honda can do. BTW, Biketoberfest will run 15-18 (Thursday-Sunday) in October...

Anyone interested in either

·
Registered
45 Posts
I actually haven't ventured into the motorcycle art realm, yet. Everyone I know has suggested I try it, but there's a big difference between a $500surfboard and a $13,000. bike. I work for Quiet Flight Surfboards, based out of Cocoa Beach, FL. I've done thousands of boards, so I don't really have any pictures off hand. They do have a website though. Maybe, I should start with my own bike and see how that turns out. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I iwll be in Denver til the 19th but would like to talk more about the Biketoberfest ride for sure....:cool:
Sounds good....hopefully my request to take some "sick days" during Biketoberfest will work out in my favor :) .

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went to Long Doggers over in Palm Bay tonight for bike night....the Fury was the hit of the night; left the Harley boys and girls begging for attention. Everyone is stoked about how raked and chopped this bike is...I love the attention :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone in the area doing some riding today? I'll probably wake up a little after noon and catch some riding around 3 or 4....post up if you are, maybe we can meet up and cruise a while.

Jamie

·
Registered
152 Posts
Anyone in the area doing some riding today? I'll probably wake up a little after noon and catch some riding around 3 or 4....post up if you are, maybe we can meet up and cruise a while.

Jamie

I can meet you at 330 somewhere and we can ride. Oh wait, keep forgeting i still have 60 days left in this craphole. It did sound good to tease myself though.....:(

I had hit up bike night at long doggers a few times before I left. It was a show stopper everytime i pulled in there. It would take me twenty minutes to finally get a beer because everyone wanted to talk to me about it. Same thing happened at hooters in Merrit island at their bike night.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can meet you at 330 somewhere and we can ride. Oh wait, keep forgeting i still have 60 days left in this craphole. It did sound good to tease myself though.....:(

I had hit up bike night at long doggers a few times before I left. It was a show stopper everytime i pulled in there. It would take me twenty minutes to finally get a beer because everyone wanted to talk to me about it. Same thing happened at hooters in Merrit island at their bike night.
Well I bet when we roll up in there together when you get back....all customized, they're really going to be hootin' and hollerin'. All I'm really wanting to buy right now is the engine case covers, then I'm done for a while.

Take it easy man...this last 60 days should go by pretty quick

·
Registered
45 Posts
Must have missed yall

Sorry,

Must have missed ya'll at Daytona.

I only saw one other Fury there, it was in the parking lot of the Hilton Garden Inn by the track, and it was under a cover.

But I did get to motor around and got a LOT of looks, lots of conversations and a couple of metric slams, but 99% were very positive.

I will be heading down to Orlando next week, so i might see ya there

take care
tony

1 - 20 of 29 Posts