Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using the NGK-DPR9EIX-9 NGK Iridium Spark Plugs? Found them on cruisercustomizing.com for $10.75. I have ordered them but just wondering if anyone has done this performance change. Thanks for the feed back.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Ack... ya know this forces me to go look ya asshat... its 3481DCPR7E not the one that comes with it... the 3481DCPR6E

· Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the NGK Iridium in my other bikes and they are great. I'll change to them when the time comes to replace the plugs.
Good to know Mac... I am looking forward to see how it will perform along with taking out the pairing valve... thanks for the info

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Good to know Mac... I am looking forward to see how it will perform along with taking out the pairing valve... thanks for the info
Have my covers for the pair valves with the "nipples" in... maybe Wednesday I'll take out my pair valves :D

· Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have my covers for the pair valves with the "nipples" in... maybe Wednesday I'll take out my pair valves :D
What does your pair valve covers with nipples have to do with spark plugs? Maybe you should have put it under the pair valve thread... You may get the attention that you are seeking for that info... Poser :eek:

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
What does your pair valve covers with nipples have to do with spark plugs? Maybe you should have put it under the pair valve thread... You may get the attention that you are seeking for that info... Poser :eek:
nah, was just bored and drunk, so I decided to post to your tread... :D Plus on post # 4, you talked about your pairing valve... ;)

· Registered
181 Posts
by changing the spark plugs dont think your going to gain any real power out put. the only time a rider would spend the time and money on swapping out plugs, is a racer trying to find every last bit of performance. now the only reason why i would by the Iridium plugs, is that they last a little longer, I have ran them in my sport bikes, and they would last 2 times longer then stock plugs. but i heard on a race bike they could gain .05 - .10 more HP at the wheel. every last bit wins races.

· Registered
181 Posts
i look at it this way if honda or any other company thought those plugs were to be better they would have put them in there bikes from the factory. I still the factory NGK plugs are the best. the e3 plugs might improve alittle but i dont see spending the money until the factory plugs need to be replaced.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
I have a 2004 Chevy Pickup that has ~100,000 miles on a set of Iridium's; still going strong. FWIW.

Cheers

· Premium Member
1,183 Posts
i look at it this way if honda or any other company thought those plugs were to be better they would have put them in there bikes from the factory. I still the factory NGK plugs are the best. the e3 plugs might improve alittle but i dont see spending the money until the factory plugs need to be replaced.
Honda will use what WORKS/PROVEN and what is cost prohibitive! Fury manual says you can use high performance NGK or standard
I think its more about the compression ratio, race cars, race bikes high end autos use platinum plugs, iridium or coil packs ect... This bike is low compression and that is a factor, run what you want Im waiting to put in my Pulstar plugs they use a capacitor in them.

Someone one here will always say its a waste of money...

Opinions are like elbows everyone has more than one, ME INCLUDED!

· Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok... Well I have been running the plugs for a little while now... I did the pair valve removal at the same time... No more back fire... And yes it does feel as if it has a faster response... Have not had a chance to open her up next to someone still running stock plugs but now when I pull back on the throttle me feet feel a little lighter on the pegs... She definitely pushes my 220 lb a$$ back in the seat... Hope that answers any questions.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
This discussion about plugs peeked my curiosity and prompted me to go out and pull a couple outa my truck. I can't believe it; 98,760 miles and they still look NEW! The electrodes are still sharp-edged and show none of the usual signs of electrical erosion; the gaps are spot-on at .044"+/-. Got to tell ya guys, these Iridiums look like they'll wear forever. Too bad they don't yet make a direct cross-over for our Fury's. FWIW.

Cheers

· Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I changed my Iridium plugs out this weekend. The shop I went to did not have the quantity that is needed... as a matter of fact had to educate the parts guy that there are four of these little ignitors in the Fury. Any way, when I was looking things up in the service manual I noticed that it stated that the DPG6 (whatever the letters are) is standard and to move to a 7 for constant high speeds. You can get iridium plugs now at your local honda dealer or atleast at Fun Bike Center in San Diego. Hope this helps some out... when I change again I am definetly going back to the iridium

· Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have been having a small studder issue between 85 and 90 mph... was thinking that it was with the plugs so was just moving things around to eliminate the issue. I was running the 9's so the where a little different but once I get this studder problem fixed I will be going back to the 7's.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
I have been having a small studder issue between 85 and 90 mph... was thinking that it was with the plugs so was just moving things around to eliminate the issue. I was running the 9's so the where a little different but once I get this studder problem fixed I will be going back to the 7's.
Actually, go back to the -6 heat range. With our relatively-low compression ratios, a -7 is probably too "cold", is not burning clean, and causing your "stuttering". When they say "high-speed-running", they mean CONSTANT high-speed-running (3/4 throttle and above). If you're running town-and-highway (like all the rest of us), you'll have intermittent fouling problems with the -7's, -8's, and -9's. Plus, Iridium Plugs, due to their construction, run cooler than conventional's. FWIW.....................

Cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.