Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 6500 miles on the stock plugs I thought it would be a good idea to change the plugs. So many to chose from. Do I go three prong in a two prong world? I don't want another plugdonald's, coffee tamper. I want to roast it with a Tesla coil type plug. So I went for the Brisk brand racing plug for $19.00 each. They make one exactly for the Fury. They have NO PRONG and fire all the way around. Seems like a good idea, and made in the USA. They are 5/8 or 16 mm. The old Autolite plugs I took out are 11/16 or 18 mm. 18 mm deep socket won't fit into two of the cylinder head holes, so I had to hammer on a 17 mm just enough to loosen the original plugs. I've seen the Brisk brand out perform NGK iridium plugs, when under load. And of course non resistor plugs always work better than resistor plugs. (Who listens to the radio when ridin' a Fury?) Can't think of anyone even using my "imagignition"..... Any thoughts about the new types of plugs, anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
At 6500 miles on the stock plugs I thought it would be a good idea to change the plugs. So many to chose from. Do I go three prong in a two prong world? I don't want another plugdonald's, coffee tamper. I want to roast it with a Tesla coil type plug. So I went for the Brisk brand racing plug for $19.00 each. They make one exactly for the Fury. They have NO PRONG and fire all the way around. Seems like a good idea, and made in the USA. They are 5/8 or 16 mm. The old Autolite plugs I took out are 11/16 or 18 mm. 18 mm deep socket won't fit into two of the cylinder head holes, so I had to hammer on a 17 mm just enough to loosen the original plugs. I've seen the Brisk brand out perform NGK iridium plugs, when under load. And of course non resistor plugs always work better than resistor plugs. (Who listens to the radio when ridin' a Fury?) Can't think of anyone even using my "imagignition"..... Any thoughts about the new types of plugs, anyone?
Very interesting design... never seen or heard of these before.

Let us know how they perform.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I
cant see the bottom of the plug.. i used the ngk DCPR6EIX iridium the manual says you can use the DCPR7EIX and i hear you get a much better idle

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I

cant see the bottom of the plug.. i used the ngk DCPR6EIX iridium the manual says you can use the DCPR7EIX and i hear you get a much better idle
Talk about photo-bullying. I was screen shocked when I saw the photoseptic, tool pic, that I provided. Now had I been trying to get a shot of nekked bewbs, it would have been a pixel party. Here's a better faux-toe, not that fat girl angle shot I posted earlier. Never had much photo cred, might be on the wall of shame. As for NGK I'm not sure but I remember hearing something that went like this... "and those who are first will be last".

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are not the stock/original plugs. Honda uses NGK or DENSO as OEM.
Bought it brand new, off the showroom with less than 10 miles on the odometer, from Hinshaw Honda Auburn Washington. Somebody put those Autolite plugs in.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought it brand new, off the showroom with less than 10 miles on the odometer, from Hinshaw Honda Auburn Washington. Somebody put those Autolite plugs in.
Autolite are good plugs, for the ass end flame thrower. They're known for not fouling as easily. They need a gap of a whopping 45 mm, for a good spark. And two old school non-resistor coils, one for each plug. You can see one of them stuffed in the "trunk". Trunks already full, probably can't air ride. This bike isn't pretty, but it's fun. It's ridden hard, and that's the way I like it. A little beat up, like when you first scratch your new truck, you don't care anymore. So don't look too close but take a look, some electronics, two fuel lines, a little braided fuel hose, and two spark plugs where you need them most, less than 1 inch from the end of the pipe. Now I gotta get back to my revenue enhancement zone.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Autolite are good plugs, for the ass end flame thrower. They're known for not fouling as easily. They need a gap of a whopping 45 mm, for a good spark. And two old school non-resistor coils, one for each plug. You can see one of them stuffed in the "trunk". Trunks already full, probably can't air ride. This bike isn't pretty, but it's fun. It's ridden hard, and that's the way I like it. A little beat up, like when you first scratch your new truck, you don't care anymore. So don't look too close but take a look, some electronics, two fuel lines, a little braided fuel hose, and two spark plugs where you need them most, less than 1 inch from the end of the pipe. Now I gotta get back to my revenue enhancement zone.
What is going on? It was a picture of the two spark plug wires going into the exhaust pipes! What's up with the unjust censorship? ATTENTION ADMINISTRATION!

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    1.7 MB Views: 9

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is going on? It was a picture of the two spark plug wires going into the exhaust pipes! What's up with the unjust censorship? ATTENTION ADMINISTRATION!
Really? Censored again? For what?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's see if a different shot of the same thing gets through. If you could hear me I'm sayin' the 5th letter of the alphabet right now......EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
CRAZY! But one was acceptable to the higher minions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now THAT's interesting! I was wondering how you got that thing to shoot flames!! Looks sick!
kody1.jpg
hotrodsetc.net for the flames. Legal in all 50. (No law against it, long story for me). You can change the flare jets for larger or smaller flames. The flare jets are in the fan nozzles, that screw into the pipes. 5 minutes to change sizes. 0.014 is the smallest they make. I run 0.014, 0.022, and 0.028 sizes. They go up to 1.90 I think.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts