Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since I haven't seen a post on anyone trying this on the fury yet- for those wanting to break the speed of sound i just ordered the speedo-healer,looks like it should arrive late next week . I'll post if this fixes the 100mph barrier,or if the engine throws a rod at 101mph :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
JMO but why would you want to go that fast on the Fury? It is a cruiser, it is not built for that kind of speed. I know in 5th gear at about 85 my bike is screaming pretty good and it feels pretty 'loose' at those speeds too. The 21" front and rake aren't really condusive to high speed control. I got $20 that you loose control and wreck before it throws a rod.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Good luck! I have done 95 mph on long open highway runs and with any cross wind like, passing a Semi, you will wobble, the air pockets affect this puppy.

Now on a track thats different, straight lines are good for me, it will do 98-100 I know it chasing my Harley buddies they have the 100 mph club real silly stuff!!! But I had to prove to them I could hang, its macho b.s.

·
Registered
182 Posts
all in all the fury with its rake, and the 21" front tire will handle high speeds. no problem its the way your sitting on the bike is the problem. the air buffering on your legs and chest area. will cause the bike to become unstable.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
i can do 65 mph on this thing and look so good i scare myself.nuff said.

·
Registered
227 Posts
JMO but why would you want to go that fast on the Fury? It is a cruiser, it is not built for that kind of speed. I know in 5th gear at about 85 my bike is screaming pretty good and it feels pretty 'loose' at those speeds too. The 21" front and rake aren't really condusive to high speed control. I got $20 that you loose control and wreck before it throws a rod.
Hey Clintster442
I will throw $ 20 down & get in on the bet also!:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_
Don't know where you get your info from but this scoot is rock solid at any speed, multiple times on multiple road surfaces I've let go of the handle bars no shake no shimy no problems runs straight as an arrow. Bike has larger forks and frame tubes than many a bike with larger more powerful motors. As for speed for some need it for traffic that can always run between 75-90 mph and you want to pass or sometimes its just fun._:D________________

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_
Don't know where you get your info from but this scoot is rock solid at any speed, multiple times on multiple road surfaces I've let go of the handle bars no shake no shimy no problems runs straight as an arrow. Bike has larger forks and frame tubes than many a bike with larger more powerful motors. As for speed for some need it for traffic that can always run between 75-90 mph and you want to pass or sometimes its just fun._:D________________
Agreed. Clinster must be riding on gravel roads. I have gone up to 90mph and the bike felt like it does at 65mph.
I'll bet anyone you could hold that speed as long as you want to with no problems. Besides cops.:eek:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Christopher knows all about our concerns, and has been forewarned, as this was covered in-depth with him 2 or 3 months ago. He is the type of person that wants to go where no man has gone before. He wants to be the first. This is his life as he intends to live it. Good Luck Chris, I still feel my picture was appropriate, no offense intended, well maybe? You know my advice! :(:eek::(

Respectfully
...Mental...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
90 is max I been at on a steady pace. Its just not enjoyable at high speeds. As already said its a cruiser!!! Whatever tickles your pickle!

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
someone said pickle!!!!!!!!!!!!! steveo will be in here in a minute.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Christopher knows all about our concerns, and has been forewarned, as this was covered in-depth with him 2 or 3 months ago. He is the type of person that wants to go where no man has gone before. He wants to be the first. This is his life as he intends to live it. Good Luck Chris, I still feel my picture was appropriate, no offense intended, well maybe? You know my advice! :(:eek::(

Respectfully
...Mental...
dont give a rats ass if u meant to offend mental- if u have a issue with the unsafe handling of this bike ( remember the "high speed wobble"????) take it up with honda or get another bike, maybe a vespa would fit u better.this topic is one of the better ones to read on, im getting the speedo-healer to get around the speed limiter, and im posting here how it works when i get it installed. remember jackass -thats what these forums are for

·
Registered
148 Posts
IMO! You can't cruise and look good at 100mph. The human can't appreciate something as good looking as the Fury going that fast. LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
i dont really care to go over 100 but i have been in the 85-95 range a few times on the highway and never felt the bike wobble ive been very happy with the fury.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts