Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to change my chrome housing and side covers to gloss black but the part numbers show no details. How do I know which is black and which is chrome? Year? And I really don't want to paint my current 1s because I just KNOW, I'll change my mind in a couple years. Lol!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm wanting to change my chrome housing and side covers to gloss black but the part numbers show no details. How do I know which is black and which is chrome? Year? And I really don't want to paint my current 1s because I just KNOW, I'll change my mind in a couple years. Lol!
When you are looking up parts with honda, any part number ending in 670 will be chrome. Any other number will be black.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I just thought of a inexpensive way to change them. Try some black vinyl wrap material.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you are looking up parts with honda, any part number ending in 670 will be chrome. Any other number will be black.
Thank you, sir! I don't know if I have the talent/patience for vinyl. Lol!

·
Registered
853 Posts
It's easy, a little bit of heat and spraying the piece with some soapy water. The heat let's you stretch it and the soapy water allows you to move it around.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
[/QUO
I've got a 2020 Fury black speedo, that I wish was chrome. I'm a chrome addict, and need a fix

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
That is incorrect, that section of a PN indicates the manufacturer of the part, such as:

FENDER, FR. NHA30M (DIGITAL SILVER

61100-MFR-670ZE

FENDER, FR. B197M (GLINT WAVE BLUE

61100-MFR-670ZA

BRACE, FR. FENDER

61101-MFR-670

none of these are chrome (or 1000's of other 670 parts)

the ZE / ZA is the designator for the colors
the first set of numbers is a specific part, the second is the FIRST model that part was made for ( in these MFR is for the VT1300CX), the last is the manufacturer and any modifiers (like color)

·
Registered
853 Posts
That is incorrect, that section of a PN indicates the manufacturer of the part, such as:

FENDER, FR. NHA30M (DIGITAL SILVER

61100-MFR-670ZE

FENDER, FR. B197M (GLINT WAVE BLUE

61100-MFR-670ZA

BRACE, FR. FENDER

61101-MFR-670

none of these are chrome (or 1000's of other 670 parts)

the ZE / ZA is the designator for the colors
the first set of numbers is a specific part, the second is the FIRST model that part was made for ( in these MFR is for the VT1300CX), the last is the manufacturer and any modifiers (like color)
Alright. I know what I ordered.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Sounds good. I've got chrome side transmission covers coming today, Vray's chrome highway peg plates later, and Ginz hellbent in September. I actually decided to stick with the stock seat vs. Mustang. I just like the lines better. 👓👓👓

1 - 18 of 18 Posts