Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know if its possible to change the color of the speedo lights and from orange to white? Since my first night ride I couldnt see what speed I was at or the odo. Its bothering me since in NY the men in blue get upset if you go over the posted speed limit lol. Just wondering if anyone see a way when they installed the Low and mean speedo face. Thanks gang

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have not taken the speedo apart but I am almost positive the lights are actually LEDs. You might send the guys at bluegauges.com a email and ask them, they have been doing LED swaps for a long time with some good reviews from the sportbike crowd.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not taken the speedo apart but I am almost positive the lights are actually LEDs. You might send the guys at bluegauges.com a email and ask them, they have been doing LED swaps for a long time with some good reviews from the sportbike crowd.
Thanks man I will look into it with them. I will post the outcome. The stock lights look cool but I cant see the speedo. Anyone else find it hard to read at night?

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Thanks man I will look into it with them. I will post the outcome. The stock lights look cool but I cant see the speedo. Anyone else find it hard to read at night?
I have taken the speedo apart several times. The display is harder to see with aftermarket faceplates at night. While Honda engineered the etching on the factory faceplate to only illuminate the numbering.
Back to the speedo, it is sealed in a plastic casing to prevent water access.
The LEDs are inside the casing. I ordered surface mount blue LEDs to replace the factory ones. The biggest problem is removing the LCD display to remove the plastic casing. Too much heat removing it could damage the LCD.
I will let you know if it works,or if I have to but a new speedo. Still waiting on the LEDs to arrive.
T
View attachment 3443 View attachment 3444

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Yes, I am having him redo mine at the moment, to shadow it darker and also to shadow around the numbers so it is easier to see at night and it pops... I'll post a pic when I get them in... Actually, have them in e-mail:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
>>> +1 <<< ? Why did you not scale the spacing between the numbers the same for the right side the as the left side. The 8 in 80 should be 1/4 over the hash mark and so on for symmetry. I know there is probably a reason, what is it? And what if someone wants to go 110?

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
I'm right there with you...can't read them on the fly very easily.....would like to change them as well....not so concerned as you about the boys in blue here though. Keep us posted on what you come up with, I'm definitely interested.

Bob

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not worried about the city cops in NYC its the guys upstate NY. Speed limits change every 50' and they get ya like that. I was going to get the Reaper from L&M but now I am rethinking it. That website, I will pass up for now until the off season. Unlike you guys on the West coast our riding time is limited here on the East coast. I wish School construction was good out there like it is here so I can move to the West coast. Riding all year round sounds awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Im not worried about the city cops in NYC its the guys upstate NY. Speed limits change every 50' and they get ya like that. I was going to get the Reaper from L&M but now I am rethinking it. That website, I will pass up for now until the off season. Unlike you guys on the West coast our riding time is limited here on the East coast. I wish School construction was good out there like it is here so I can move to the West coast. Riding all year round sounds awesome.
Yeah, a friend of mine got a ticket up there in the 70's in his Cutlass when we were heading to his Grandparents' place in the Catskills...cops had speed traps and cameras set up under hoods of "broken down" cars on the sides of the road......

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got clipped going to Hunter Mountain a few years back. I started to squirm when the cop was walking over. I told him I was in a rush to look for a bathroom. I told him I had a stomach virus and it would be too embarrassing if I had to sit and wait for the ticket. He lead me to a gas station lights on and everything then gave me a break. That was some quck thinking on my part. Im glad it worked lol. They are pretty slick up in the sticks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.