Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has changed out the speedometer with something more custom. This is one of the things I would like to change on my Fury.
Thanks
G Palmiter

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
I think he's talking about the actual speedo housing/pod. Not just the face plate.
Ah... lol, thanks for the enlightenment... sometimes we get so used to the same questions over and over again.

Yes, I have thought about it, but then I think of how it is my little mini windscreen, especially the way it is angled and I like my speedo... So, it's staying. But, now that I have sat on a Sabre, and felt the handlebars on that bike without a speedo in view, it felt like a little more freedom, if anything I would just get rid of the speedometer, in all honesty.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mobe,
Your correct, I have a Webslinger face plate on order (been 2 weeks now, hope it arrives soon) but I was thinking about removing the housing and getting something smaller (like a small circle). I dont know just one of those random thoughts on improving the bike.
Thanks
G Palmiter

· Premium Member
1,965 Posts
If you had the opportunity to take it off, you will see there is quite amount of wiring going into it.
Displacing it with some different would be quite the challenge, not to say it couldn't be done..
It would be a wiring nightmare..

· Premium Member
2,478 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
I just recently added the Webslinger faceplate, and must say it really changed it more than I thought (esp at night). I thought about changing out the housing, removing it, etc, but couldn't find a good alternative. And like others have said, flows with the bike, blocks FL love bugs, etc.

· Registered
3,345 Posts
Dakota Digital do some awesome speedos...

Speedometers/ Tachometers

And you are right Tony, it looks like an alarm clock. Ironhorse motorcycles, which used bad speedos from Thunderbird for years and years, replacment $1000 a pop, started using Dakoda Digital and they made this cover for the Dakota, Ironhorse V-bars install. Saw one yesterday and it looked pure custom for a speedo.

· Registered
331 Posts
I have contacted Dakota Digital about this. The best thing to do if look through their stuff and find what you like and email them about it and your application. Some of their gauges are universal, others are Harley specific. I also looked into the Badlands Digital mirrors. While they said they could work you would have to do a lot of custom wiring.

· Premium Member
1,925 Posts
military time

That’s a good one! I was poking fun at Honda for using Military time vs AM/PM.
its not that they used military time, its that the rest of the world (mostly) uses a 24 hr time table. including japan.

before everyone gets all fired up i realize alot of countries have adopted BOTH ways but historically most used 0000-2400

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
its not that they used military time, its that the rest of the world (mostly) uses a 24 hr time table. including japan.

before everyone gets all fired up i realize alot of countries have adopted BOTH ways but historically most used 0000-2400
Oh good, common sense is here finally... :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.