Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new face on my speedo and must have botched something up because the needle doesn't work anymore (stays on 0). I've put a bicycle speedo (glued a magnet to the wheel) and it works but its kind of a flakey fix. Does anyone know of an aftermarket speedo that will hook up to a Fury OR a wrecked bike where I don't have to pay $400+ for a replacement speedo?

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Questions :

1. When you plugged it back in did it spin up to 60 mph or so and back down, to 0, or did it go weird and stop off the plate ?

2. Did you break needle and have to use glue on it ?

3. Lights and everything else working on it, just not registering speed ?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Just did mine 20 minutes ago.... that damn needle came unglued so I whipped up some epoxy and all fixed . When I put it on the bike I did not push needle all the way down so I could adjust properly without using the fork 10 times.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I think rss said to leave the cover off overnight or the fumes from the superglue will fog your lens
Good to know .... I used epoxy and used very little , you needed a magnifying glass to see the spot I put on the inside of that needle and that's no joke .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Questions :

1. When you plugged it back in did it spin up to 60 mph or so and back down, to 0, or did it go weird and stop off the plate ?

2. Did you break needle and have to use glue on it ?

3. Lights and everything else working on it, just not registering speed ?
Actually I've had it apart 3 times. 1st time the needle went up and back and then worked fine for a couple of days (intermittent). Put the original face back on thinking I could get warranty work. It worked flawlessly with the original face so I took it apart and put the L&M face back on. Now it doesn't work at all, didn't move. I didn't use any glue; the needle seemed to snap in place just fine. All the lights, odo, trip meter etc work fine. Maybe I'll tear it down one more time to see if the glue might do the trick. I just assumed the needle engaged the shaft when it clicked into place. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Actually I've had it apart 3 times. 1st time the needle went up and back and then worked fine for a couple of days (intermittent). Put the original face back on thinking I could get warranty work. It worked flawlessly with the original face so I took it apart and put the L&M face back on. Now it doesn't work at all, didn't move. I didn't use any glue; the needle seemed to snap in place just fine. All the lights, odo, trip meter etc work fine. Maybe I'll tear it down one more time to see if the glue might do the trick. I just assumed the needle engaged the shaft when it clicked into place. Thanks for the advice.
Put the white face back on and bring your bike back to honda ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts