Honda Fury Forums: banner

spike air cleaner

1591 Views 33 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  muddypaws3
I am in love with the look of the spike air filter. It is on my list. I have been reading and looking at so many things to do that I need to start keeping notes. In order to put on the air filter this way, is there anything else that needs to be done to the engine? Or can this just be put on and good to go?

Thanks
Reactions: 2
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
You could also put on pegs that stick out further, or mini-floorboards with open centers and trick switchblade highway pegs that pop out of them, etc. (link to one of many different types)

The brake pedal is an issue but can be managed (so it sticks out more), balancing shifter (so it sticks out more) is an issue due to the spline pattern.

(Relocation kits that bring the pedals and controls toward you will solve those problems.)

Edit to add things in brackets ().
I need to get a photo of me on the bike anyway but I don’t have much of a bend in my leg, I’ll see where my leg is in regards to where that spike will sit
I don't see it being a problem at all for you! go for it!!!!
Reactions: 3
You could also put on pegs that stick out further, or mini-floorboards with open centers and trick switchblade highway pegs that pop out of them, etc. (link to one of many different types)

The brake pedal is an issue but can be managed, balancing shifter is an issue due to the spline pattern.
I was thinking of looking into floor boards anyway, that may be a bit better over all. Thanks for the link !!!
Reactions: 4
I don't see it being a problem at all for you! go for it!!!!
Like I said, I'm 6'1" and had to wrap my leg around it to get back to the pegs. A shorter person most certainly would have a tougher time all around. It is a documented issue, you can see how far it sticks out in my thread. The solution would be to widen out the pegs for cruising but that doesn't help anything when you're trying to get to the controls.
Relocation kits that bring the pedals and controls toward you will solve those problems.
I found adding a spike air cleaner completely got the air cleaner out of my way so my leg does not wrap around it.
Here is where my leg is now. It will be 2 inches back in a few weeks
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Glove Vehicle
See less See more
Here is where my leg is now. It will be 2 inches back in a few weeks View attachment 243100
You actually might go UNDER the spike lol
  • Wow
looking at some other photos it looks like I should be fine
I may be wrong but if the new brackets bring your feet back wouldn't cause the knee to bend bringing it up and closer to the air cleaner?
the stock air cleaner is so big and the spikes look like they take up less space. my knee should just go up and back.
The spike will actually give you more room. Here's a pic of my girl on the bike. she is 5'1". I understand it being an issue for tall people / long legs but I don't understand how it is a problem for shorter riders. LIke I said earlier you'll be fine....
Wheel Crankset Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Automotive tire
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
See less See more
Reactions: 5
I think your pictures got cut off. :ROFLMAO:
  • Haha
I agree, I will have more room
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.