Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas, Me again lol. Looking for an early witner upgrade. I would like a black spike air take, or the Cobra Powr Flo Intake, but just browsing these things are going for as much as the exhaust lol. am i looking wrong, am i adding to much crap here. need some feed back fellas. if you dont mind me asking what was the going rate for your intakes? If i add the intake does it need to be mapped and dynoed again?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
i bought my black powder coated spike on ebay for like 120 plus shipping, but with that goes the intake adapter from L & M for $180 so that you can bolt on a 3 bolt harley davidson style intake, i wouldn't recommend the company that i bought my spike from but there are others on ebay that you can get them from. do you have a fuel controller already? if not you can get a Cobra <about $200>, Fuggin <about $200>, Power Commander <seen them for sale from $250-over $300> just depends on what you want to spend if you don't have one already, you can get it dyno'd if you want but personally wouldn't spend the money to get that done unless i had the Power Commander, jmo.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought my black powder coated spike on ebay for like 120 plus shipping, but with that goes the intake adapter from L & M for $180 so that you can bolt on a 3 bolt harley davidson style intake, i wouldn't recommend the company that i bought my spike from but there are others on ebay that you can get them from. do you have a fuel controller already? if not you can get a Cobra <about $200>, Fuggin <about $200>, Power Commander <seen them for sale from $250-over $300> just depends on what you want to spend if you don't have one already, you can get it dyno'd if you want but personally wouldn't spend the money to get that done unless i had the Power Commander, jmo.
yea i have the power commander. i talked to the dealer and one guy who actually had a fury in there to get serviced. he said he had the FI controller and it was just giving him problem and after problem. it may have been an isolated incident or just a jackass who didnt know what he was doing but the tech also suggested the power commander. i got the PC because i planned on getting an intake. I saw the spikes on ebay for 150, but does that include all you need? L&M Has theres for like 500$. just thought that was a little ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
well like i said you need the L & M intake adapter <the one i have, comes in black or chrome> and then you can bolt on any 3 bolt harley davidson air intake, yes they come with everything you need, which is really just the spike and the three bolts from what i remember, the hardest part is picking which intake adapter you are going to get, i can't remember off hand who makes the others, and yeah i wouldn't purchase a $500 spike even if it was made of gold lol, that's just crazy.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
that is a nice looking spike. I would tade my PowrFlo for one with one eception ... i think it sticks out too far, and my leg would be pushed out more then it already is with the Cobra.

·
Registered
180 Posts
does the cobra power flo stick out farther then the stock one ?

also; do you have to buy a adaptor for it or does everything come with it. i was wanting to take it and mod it and see if i can come up with what i really wanted the intake to look like

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
i got my spike intake from ebay for 139.00,and the powerflow dosent stick out to far.it want change your leg posistion.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
does the cobra power flo stick out farther then the stock one ?

also; do you have to buy a adaptor for it or does everything come with it. i was wanting to take it and mod it and see if i can come up with what i really wanted the intake to look like
Cobra Power flo comes will everything needed for installation. I think its a lower profile than the stocker. Maybe about the same.

·
Registered
108 Posts
that is a nice looking spike. I would tade my PowrFlo for one with one eception ... i think it sticks out too far, and my leg would be pushed out more then it already is with the Cobra.
I have had both a spike and the Powrflo. My knee hits the Powrflo but it is not uncomfortable for me 'cause I used to have a chopper with a big SU carb that stuck out which hit my knee all the time.

When I had the spike on, the elbow curved forward of the throttle body and was in front of my knee. Even thouth the spike stuck out, my leg didn't hit it.... could hug the tank with both knees.

I didn't like the way the spike exposed the partial fins on the rear head... looked like something was missing. The Powrflo hides that.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I just measured the oem and PowerFlo--the OEM sticks out nearly 1.75" further than the PF.
you really need to select for the style you're going for.

I'm 5-8 and yet i can see where a taller guy/gal might have an issue with a big air cleaner and extended forwards.

of course, I can't speak from experience.:D

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I just measured the oem and PowerFlo--the OEM sticks out nearly 1.75" further than the PF.
you really need to select for the style you're going for.

I'm 5-8 and yet i can see where a taller guy/gal might have an issue with a big air cleaner and extended forwards.

of course, I can't speak from experience.:D
I can. With the 3 inch forwards i find that my right knee rests on the lower back of the PowrFLo. I was worried about it at first, but now, not so much. It would be back to the original problem with sore knees.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i got the intake adapter and the spike intake from Low and Mean(L&M), I've got about 600 in both but went chrome. Fit is good and does not interfere with your legs. No need to "re-map" but do suggest controller. I bought the Cobra FI2000r....its simple as sin to install and adjusting is just as such.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts