Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Completed the next little project last night and thought a few of you might get some ideas, even L&M could make these for the Fury as it is basically a bolt on job.

I got sick of those ugly holes and bolts under the triple trees (8 degree) and decided to do something about it, well it was actually the wifes idea (had to say that as she is standing over my shoulder). Had some stock stainless bar left over from brake pedals and foot pegs so I turned up a large and two small spikes to cover the holes.

The large one mounts on a stud that screws into the bolt head. I had to take it out and drill a 12mm deep hole in the head and tap it to 8mm. The spike is tapped the same and an 8mm bolt with a long thread was used as the stud, just cut the bolt off and use the thread part. When you screw this in you will find that it is not square to the triple tree surface as the main bolt is 8 degrees offset. I used a soft face hammer and bent the 8mm bolt square to the tree surface after it had been tightened in the main bolt.

The two small spikes are easy, I just replaced the headlight mounting bolts with stainless bolts that are long enough to go through the tree and stick out about 10mm. I think they were 60mm long. The headlights I bolted on first, just run a nut all the way up and tighten using a tube socket, then the spikes just screw on the end for decoration The holes in the trees are 19mm so I turned a small shoulder on the spike that goes up inside this hole about 5mm, just to keep it all centered.

Hardest part is getting hold of them to tighten them up, used a thin leather belt and some large pliers, seems to have worked okay but will mark the back of them and drill a small hole for a grub screw eventually.

Of course the best part ..... the piccccys

Cheers
Guy

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
That couldn't be any more bad ass!!!
I want them! I haven't seen a mod that good in a long time! SO now what? How do I get those?!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You need to get in FOM. If you havent already. That is a bad ass ride!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Very nice mod, looks great, way to think out of the box, and let your wife know that she did a great job helping you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the good comments, forgot to put the dimensions up so anybody that wants to have a go will have a starting point; will do that probably tomorrow as I am flat out here organizing scuba trips, riding the bike, going to the gym and now I've been summoned for a few drinks at a mates house.

Its a hard life here in Oz, don't know if I can handle the life in PARADISE much longer :D:D:D

Cheers
Guy

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bike and mod look great...but you drilled a 1/3 in X 1/2in hole in the bolt that holds the front end on? Brave, very brave.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Dude where did you get those spikes from? I need those for my axle bolts. Share the link please.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Hi Guy,

Thanks looks brilliant (Aussie talent!). You've just me me an idea for my next project. I won't copy, but will do something different.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey all,
Completed the next little project last night and thought a few of you might get some ideas, even L&M could make these for the Fury as it is basically a bolt on job.

I got sick of those ugly holes and bolts under the triple trees (8 degree) and decided to do something about it, well it was actually the wifes idea (had to say that as she is standing over my shoulder). Had some stock stainless bar left over from brake pedals and foot pegs so I turned up a large and two small spikes to cover the holes.

The large one mounts on a stud that screws into the bolt head. I had to take it out and drill a 12mm deep hole in the head and tap it to 8mm. The spike is tapped the same and an 8mm bolt with a long thread was used as the stud, just cut the bolt off and use the thread part. When you screw this in you will find that it is not square to the triple tree surface as the main bolt is 8 degrees offset. I used a soft face hammer and bent the 8mm bolt square to the tree surface after it had been tightened in the main bolt.

The two small spikes are easy, I just replaced the headlight mounting bolts with stainless bolts that are long enough to go through the tree and stick out about 10mm. I think they were 60mm long. The headlights I bolted on first, just run a nut all the way up and tighten using a tube socket, then the spikes just screw on the end for decoration The holes in the trees are 19mm so I turned a small shoulder on the spike that goes up inside this hole about 5mm, just to keep it all centered.

Hardest part is getting hold of them to tighten them up, used a thin leather belt and some large pliers, seems to have worked okay but will mark the back of them and drill a small hole for a grub screw eventually.

Cheers
Guy
Hey all,

Cheers
Guy
beautiful absolutely beautiful. How about a share Kuryakyn has a set of front pegs with stirrups. They say they’re not for a FURY but I believe a small amount of work will fix that. So it’s spikes around plus my stirrups.
GO FUTY

1 - 18 of 18 Posts