Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this ever happened to anyone out there but ......... as I was coming into work this morning riding down I-95, I noticed to my left in the far lane that this chic was checkin' me out (or maybe it was the bike) and smiling while staring. As I glanced back, her man leaned forward so I could see he was with her. I started laughing to myself and grinning. This dude actually sped up and got in front of me and shot his windshield wiper fluid which continued over his car and got me. It affected me for a second as I was surprised. I sped up a little as a sudden reaction to chase but then I realized let me chill because this could have got stupid as well as dangerous. I did get the plate and I reported it but I would have loved to have pressed a button and had my spike intake shoot through his back window.
I mentioned it at work and some dudes said that this actually has happened to a few of them as well. I wonder if this is documented as a form of road rage or another term.

Larry
New York

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
dentist got me.dumb craphead only lives a block from me and dose't know it.pay back?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know if this ever happened to anyone out there but ......... as I was coming into work this morning riding down I-95, I noticed to my left in the far lane that this chic was checkin' me out (or maybe it was the bike) and smiling while staring. As I glanced back, her man leaned forward so I could see he was with her. I started laughing to myself and grinning. This dude actually sped up and got in front of me and shot his windshield wiper fluid which continued over his car and got me. It affected me for a second as I was surprised. I sped up a little as a sudden reaction to chase but then I realized let me chill because this could have got stupid as well as dangerous. I did get the plate and I reported it but I would have loved to have pressed a button and had my spike intake shoot through his back window.
I mentioned it at work and some dudes said that this actually has happened to a few of them as well. I wonder if this is documented as a form of road rage or another term.

Larry
New York
yo larry i live in ny too , this is common , happened to me a few times , thats how they try to mess with us bikers , i didnt have that hole thing with the chik happen to me but when they wanna mess with us they go in front of us an spray there winshield fluid constanly to annoy us an we end up getting the mist , i guess since we dont have to wait in traffic they need to feel superior , one guy made a mistake once messing with me i was comming home on my bike from painball shooting an had my gun in my back pack , he played that game with me so i sped way ppast him pulled over an waited like 20 seconds for him by the exit ramp an unloaded a fury off paintballs on his bmw, yeah baby one win for us bikers !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I had this happen to me once in the DC area when I lived there ...it was some dumba$$ college kids in a jeep....we were stuck in traffic...they shot me with the spray aimed directly at me.....I was pissed....started to get off my bike and traffic started to go, so I had to get back on it.......I had a full face helmet on and couldn't even spit on'em.....started carrying no.6 lead shot in my pocket and when anyone would do that to me, I'd get in front of them and just toss a handfull of shot into the air above me and they'd get it when they passed under it behind me....I know, juvenile, but sure was gratifying. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had this happen to me once in the DC area when I lived there ...it was some dumba$$ college kids in a jeep....we were stuck in traffic...they shot me with the spray aimed directly at me.....I was pissed....started to get off my bike and traffic started to go, so I had to get back on it.......I had a full face helmet on and couldn't even spit on'em.....started carrying no.6 lead shot in my pocket and when anyone would do that to me, I'd get in front of them and just toss a handfull of shot into the air above me and they'd get it when they passed under it behind me....I know, juvenile, but sure was gratifying. :)
A hand full of penny's (or other change) works well!! I always keep a few in my jacket pocket just for such deserving individuals.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I was thinking about carrying a chain in my pocket for the idiots that pull out in front of me causing me to possibly warp my rotors from hitting the brakes so hard. I would love to whip my chain out on their windshield.:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I was thinking about carrying a chain in my pocket for the idiots that pull out in front of me causing me to possibly warp my rotors from hitting the brakes so hard. I would love to whip my chain out on their windshield.:mad:
back in 72 a van full of high school kids ran me off the road on Scenic Hwy in Pensacola.....I had a semi chopped triumph and had to lay it down on the clay, right by the bluffs....the guys opened the side van door and laughed at me as they passed. Back then, I used a chain and combination lock to lock my bike......I undid the lock and put it back on...got the bike started and caught up to them and passed them (2-lane rd) - got in front of them whirled the chain like a lasso and let it go, it flew into their windshield and broke it....they slammed on brakes, I kept riding.....

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[ QUOTE=Accutronix Billet;17715]Who did you report it to & what did they say?QUOTE]

I reported it to the precinct in which it occured - NYPD. The officers were kool but mentioned I would be fighting a losing battle as there is no proof that it was done on purpose. People are allowed to use their wiper fluids at anytime and he could have just said he did not notice me and was not aware I was effected by it while playing dumb. There was no further legal action but my friend is a cop and I do have the plate. ;););)

Larry
New York

·
Registered
521 Posts
I got "sprayed" a couple of days ago. I honestly don't think he realized I was behind him. I gave them the benefit of the doubt anyway. When the water starts, I start changing lanes....

·
Registered
80 Posts
back in 72 a van full of high school kids ran me off the road on Scenic Hwy in Pensacola.....I had a semi chopped triumph and had to lay it down on the clay, right by the bluffs....the guys opened the side van door and laughed at me as they passed. Back then, I used a chain and combination lock to lock my bike......I undid the lock and put it back on...got the bike started and caught up to them and passed them (2-lane rd) - got in front of them whirled the chain like a lasso and let it go, it flew into their windshield and broke it....they slammed on brakes, I kept riding.....
:eek: Damn!

·
Registered
50 Posts
A few weeks ago this silver spooned cow of a soccer mom looked in her side mirrow and clearly saw me behind her. There was a pause, and like she decided "oh well...F#ck him, she proceeded to pour out the remainins of here Mcdonald's cup of coke out the window and all over me and my bike! I tried to catch up with her to have some words but got caught by a light. Maybe her husband left her fat a$$ for some hot biker chic....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dang that sucks!!! I had a flatbed truck in front of me drop a full size concrete parking curb off the back and it landed horizontally across the lane. I was in a right hand turn lane behind him when it happened. My "curb finders" on the bottom of my foot pegs hit the ground when I swerved around it. That would have been ugly if i didnt react quick enuff....:eek:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Dude, that is freakin' beautiful! Plus, thanks for the tip about the lock.:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Dude, that is freakin' beautiful! Plus, thanks for the tip about the lock.:cool:
LOL! I had the chain locked to my sissy bar but wanted the lock on the end of the chain for weight when I threw it. I wasn't much into chrome back then....just 18 years old, carefree, and happy to have the bike, so a scratch here or there was tolerable and fixable. That bike was a put together from 12 boxes of parts.....loved that thing!

Only other windshield wiper related thing that happened to me was when I was 14 and riding a new Kawasaki 90 Bushmaster...rode it to junior high..was coming home and chewing bubble gum, blowing bubbles...blew a big one and it flew out of my mouth...hit a sports cars windshield behind me and the guy turned on his wipers...they jammed on the soft bubble gum....needless to say, he was pissed and started coming after me with his car.....I darted into the neighborhood and couldn't shake him on the turns....had to go through yards between houses to get away....but left a trail of blue smoke (2 stroke engine), then booked out of there....

·
Registered
6 Posts
[ QUOTE=Accutronix Billet;17715]Who did you report it to & what did they say?QUOTE]

I reported it to the precinct in which it occured - NYPD. The officers were kool but mentioned I would be fighting a losing battle as there is no proof that it was done on purpose. People are allowed to use their wiper fluids at anytime and he could have just said he did not notice me and was not aware I was effected by it while playing dumb. There was no further legal action but my friend is a cop and I do have the plate. ;););)

Larry
New York

well as its on file now, if the same guy does it to you again, you have further legal action, but good luck on that end.

i ride with my track gloves on my triumph now and again, and around my area there are a lot of people who think their rich becasue they drive a mercedes or BMW, and they also think they own the road and you dont matter, so when they do something stupid, i used to use the breakdown lane and punch their passenger mirror forward. i dont do it anymore as it is extremely stupid and dangerous, but it sure as hell got the point across.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well as its on file now, if the same guy does it to you again, you have further legal action, but good luck on that end. QUOTE]

I hear ya brother but I will never see him again - it was random. Like I said, I have his plate and can easily get an address but you know what ...... those wild days of taking it to that level are over. Much more important things in my life now and I actually calmed down since yesterdays incident.
I think I'm gonna carry some marbles though - toss them up for windshield impact ...... :D :D :D. I think I'm more of an "at the moment" person. One dude at my job actually showed me marbles in his side pocket of his riding jacket.

Larry
New York

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
try rideing behind a load of cattle and let one take a wizzzzzzzz.man that stuff is sticky and stinks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts