Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Damn! I've been looking all over. I want to find one that sits low, but still has some spring. Any suggestions?
Honestly, not my cup of tea on a chopper. Now if we were talking about doing a ridged vt600 bobber :D
Personally I have no complaints with the stock seat but my runs have been no more then 30min so far. There is a run to Mount St. Helen's next Sunday that I'm going to try and make but depends on work and weather.
52 mil one way from starting to Johnson Observatory will give the seat a good test.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Damn! I've been looking all over. I want to find one that sits low, but still has some spring. Any suggestions?
Modify the original seat pan from the bottom.

There are pics around here somewhere showing how I modified mine. It makes a world of difference and it is free.

You just cut part of the plastic seat pan out from the bottom side.

EDIT

Found a pic...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Honestly, not my cup of tea on a chopper. Now if we were talking about doing a ridged vt600 bobber :D
Personally I have no complaints with the stock seat but my runs have been no more then 30min so far. There is a run to Mount St. Helen's next Sunday that I'm going to try and make but depends on work and weather.
52 mil one way from starting to Johnson Observatory will give the seat a good test.
That'll be a great ride! Weather is supposed to get warm next week too!

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2,636 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
You haven't made a rack for your bike to haul your bike?
Nah, where we go usually involves road getting there but then gotta shuttle or drive up some pretty nasty roads to get to destination.
Not optimal or doable for the Fury.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I would like to know more about the blue bike , rear fender. Got any pics of how that is done and the size of the fender.
The fender looks like a trailer fender which has traditionally been popular with builders going for old school 1960s looks. The seat is just a generic solo seat that is used on lots of old school bobbers. Just be aware that doing a spring seat and an old school fender will involve fab work and paint so if you can't do those yourself the cost will add up quickly.

Two good places to start for these parts are Lowbrow customs and TC Bros.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Fury
22 Posts
The fender looks like a trailer fender which has traditionally been popular with builders going for old school 1960s looks. The seat is just a generic solo seat that is used on lots of old school bobbers. Just be aware that doing a spring seat and an old school fender will involve fab work and paint so if you can't do those yourself the cost will add up quickly.

Two good places to start for these parts are Lowbrow customs and TC Bros.

Thanks. I don’t want the spring seat. I do like the fender.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I think this is the one on my bobber, but it got cut off shorter

Reactions: Gizmo and macxpert

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts