Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I am currently dealing with this vendor, I will write a review of our transaction after complete. So far so good.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Love to see it on your bike!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If thats a direct air flow to the throttle body what kind of air filter do you have under there ?

You know your bikes better than I do. The stock filter still is in the airbox I fitted with. Does the air flow through the filter into the airbox, or is it like the other 1300s and flow into the cover and through the filter into the throat? The latter will allow it to be a functional mod. If it's the first, this would have to become a decorative mod.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
You know your bikes better than I do. The stock filter still is in the airbox I fitted with. Does the air flow through the filter into the airbox, or is it like the other 1300s and flow into the cover and through the filter into the throat? The latter will allow it to be a functional mod. If it's the first, this would have to become a decorative mod.
I dont have my oem anymore but if I remember correctly that cover blocks off the air and forces it to be sucked threw the oem filter . You have opened that up and now the air is just being sucked threw that mesh grile not threw a filter . Im sure one could be fabed up though . Looks good and nice work . You can hear it suck air now cant you .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont have my oem anymore but if I remember correctly that cover blocks off the air and forces it to be sucked threw the oem filter . You have opened that up and now the air is just being sucked threw that mesh grile not threw a filter . Im sure one could be fabed up though . Looks good and nice work . You can hear it suck air now cant you .
Just took the cover off of a complete box to look. You guys are in luck! The intake is above the intake, and pulls air into the cover, then through the filter into the intake. All this mod would do is allow 80mm+/- more air (about the same as a hypercharger) to b pulled into the chamber BEFORE filtration. K&N would b recommended, however to make best use of it.

Plus, you guys would ned to figure our how to adjust your FI appropriately. But that's a whole new thread.

And for those who don't like that idea, there's always th posibility of blocking it off with clear packaging tape ot lexan. The cover does look really cool lit up from the inside with LEDs.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
If thats a direct air flow to the throttle body what kind of air filter do you have under there ?
Uses the stock air filter, or K&N made for the Fury, just as it would if not modded, just flows more air.

Just like the VTX, draws air into the airbox, thru the filter and into the throttle body

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Soooo, before I do this, is this gonna screw something up ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts