Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I thought there was something you could add to the forks to minimize the vibration of the bike in the grips.
We discussed this about a year ago, there were only a few people at the time interested in the stabilizer and didn't really think it was necessary. We actually had somebody talking to the company making it, but I do not know what became of that issue. If you get some, please post pics and a review.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I was just thinking the other day the Fury could benifit from a steering stabilizer. It would greatly reduce bar shake at speed and probably make the bike feel more planted.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I was actually thinking about the one that comes stock on a Hayabusa. I think a mount could be fabbed up easily, it is pretty small and with a coat of paint it wouldnt be really noticable. The bast part is that they can be found on ebay for $20-$50

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Years ago I used this product on an old Honda Nighthawk. It was very good and eliminated some terrifying high speed wobbles. They list one for a VTX but not a Fury yet.

Superbrace, fork brace, motorcycle fork brace, super brace, honda goldwing, fork truss
I let superbrace measure my forks on the Fury so they could make them.
I never heard back from them after they took the measurements..
There was a guy in Hawaii that wanted one.. Area808 was his name on the forums. Don't know if he ever got one..

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Superbrace was the discussion I remember now. I guess nothing came from that. The only reason I ask is because I rode for 4 hours at 70+ over the weekend and my hand kept going numb from all the shaking. Does anyone have any other ideas how that can be solved? I am not interested in cruise control because I almost never ride that long, but is there a gel grip wrap or something for long distance rides?

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
called the ISO Throttle Boss, add on for the Kury ISO grips..

Great inexpensive option. Pick up one for the others side just to balance off the look. While your at it pick up the accent ring and the end weights. They come in handy for comfort and I use them on long rides. Any thing for extra comfort. Then top it off with the clutch relief kit from Glens garage and before you know you'll be so comfortable you ll be laying back with your feet in the air.

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Great inexpensive option. Pick up one for the others side just to balance off the look. While your at it pick up the accent ring and the end weights. They come in handy for comfort and I use them on long rides. Any thing for extra comfort. Then top it off with the clutch relief kit from Glens garage and before you know you'll be so comfortable you ll be laying back with your feet in the air.
So, are you actually on your fury in the avatar then?;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Keep us informed.....I mainly ride at 70+ would like to get that wobble out of the ride.
Correct me if I'm wrong. The "wobble" appears to me, the wind hitting our upper torso, and since our arms are sorta' connected to that part of our body, we will get some high (higher) speed 'shake' that transmits to the handlebars and hence front wheel. If the tires/wheels are properly balanced and that's NOT the problem, I can't understand how a mechanical device can change the science of fast wind hitting our bodies? Am I missing something?

How Do It Work?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.