Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was gonna wait till next year for aftermarket fwd cntrols, but have decided I can't really afford to pass up the cat's-away discount from fuggin as long as I'm going to add them eventually anyway, and because I like troy's design style as much as I do.

My problem - and judging from other posts here a lot of guys are wondering the same thing - is based on my height am I gonna want extended or standard? I've gotten the same guideline from no less than three maker's/vendors of fwd cntrls, including Troy at accutronix but also a couple others: 34 inch inseam=3" extended controls; less than 34 and you might wanna stay with standard. In other words, throw yer jeans on the bed, take a tape measure, and measure the inseam from crotch to leg-end - if it's 34" or longer you probably want extended; less than that standard.

Problem is, I seem to be right on the line - mine measures 32-33" depending on how tight I stretch the measure. Also, when I get the risers on the bike I'll be sitting BACK another couple inches, which'll prolly kick my legs and feet FORWARD a couple inches, so I'm thinking the extended ... my height is close on 6' depending on whether i'm slouching or not.

Any of you guys with aftermarket forward's already installed; be interested in ANY feedback you may have.

And yah, before anyone says, I know RAW has a nice set of adjustable's, which would be great, except I just like troy's design styles a lot more.

Thx in advance ...

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just installed a set of extended forward controls from accutronix. I'm 6'1 with a 34 inseam and they fit great! Don't forget they're adjustable, so I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just installed a set of extended forward controls from accutronix. I'm 6'1 with a 34 inseam and they fit great! Don't forget they're adjustable, so I think you'll be fine.
Accutronix' controls are adjustable??? I thought I was up-to-date on accutronix' stuff, but apparently not ... how are they adjustable? I mean, the extended ones can you adjust for footpeg distance? I thought they were just fixed on the frame on a certain spot and that was it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The shift and brake levers are adjustable. The foot peg is fixed and cannot be adjusted. If your tall, go for the extended controls

1 - 4 of 4 Posts