Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone.

Just bought a new (Well 2010 with 2000 Kms on it) Honda Fury LE, and drove it directly to Wildside Choppers here in Toronto.

Here is the dealio. I am 7'1" tall and 300lbs ! I know, right.

The plan is to take the bike right down to frame and extend it and raise the front... and then put it all back together...

No specific amounts have been decided yet, as I am going in on Saturday to get "fitted". I have a 39" inseam and I take a 39" arm in shirts... so this should be an interesting custom job. Let's call it "Gigantisizing" a Honda Fury.

Any prelim thoughts? I will post some pics as stuff starts to happen.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
Welcome From Indy
Can't wait to see and read your updates on the project cause without pics ya know it didn't happen;)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Welcome - congrats on your new ride/project!

Wow... I can't wait to see your ride when it's done... that's gonna be amazing!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Initial Pics

Here is a Pic of me about to ride the bike from the previous owner to the Shop....

First thing I will need to do is find a stock shock to replace the L & M one that the previous owner had put on...

Ride to Shop.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Welcome fellow Canuck and Ontarian

Good luck on the project!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
just sent ya a pm

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
WoW , the space from frame to cylinder is crazy !! What's the degree of rake ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the angles at the tree will stay the same... so the rake should also be the same. Not that I really get all the measurement stuff for that kind of thing. I think the picture just makes it look more raked... You guys can correct me if I am wrong... not too harshly lest I bruise... lol
;)

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
Rake & Trail I'll leave for the experts like MFR ! It will be interesting to see comparison of you sitting on it before and after. So they are cutting and extending the frame ?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a Fury.

Holy crap talk about super sizing lol, damn brutha 7'1". Will be interested to see how this goes, you're right it's going to be a HUGE endeavor, I would definitely plan on this taking a while, any estimate on how much this is going to cost to complete?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Remind me not to ever arm wrestle with you. lol Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Wow.....Wow. I had to say thAt twice. That is the smallest Honda Fury I've ever seen! Lol....did you ever see the bike Jesse James built for Shaq? Here is a link: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/images/threads/000/059/628/852618-shaq.gif .. Thats what you need. Can't wait to see the progress. Welcome to the forum bro.
i was thinking the same thing.

If money isnt an issue i would suggest stretching the frame length wise and stuff a Sumo in there. Go with the L&M trees and 3 inch extentions.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would say the shop doing it will make sure everything is braced, strengthened as necessary, if they are reputable. Only thing I would be concerned about is filling in that void in front of the engine. As already stated, I would be looking into installing a SumoX wide tire kit at the same time as well, it would definitely look appropriate. That will be one long fury, maybe a Lury (a.k.a Limo-Fury). Again, these suggestions are if money is not a big concern or your budget allows after estimated cost of the stretch.

·
Registered
813 Posts
AS was stated in JAWS were going to need a bigger boat!

and you will need a bigger engine then the 1300cc

·
Registered
759 Posts
That Fury looks like a mini chopper. Yeah, you should have got the Shaq bike or a Boss Hoss.

As far as the frame, it looks goofy with the space between the down tube and the motor. I would prefer the backbone and down tube so the down tube goes against the motor like stock and then just kick some massive forward controls out.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
That Fury looks like a mini chopper. Yeah, you should have got the Shaq bike or a Boss Hoss.

As far as the frame, it looks goofy with the space between the down tube and the motor. I would prefer the backbone and down tube so the down tube goes against the motor like stock and then just kick some massive forward controls out.
Exactly! I second that. That's what I was thinking. And Don't strech the tank just move it up and forward a gap between the seat and tank never bothered me. Old school looking. With more back bone and down tubes you got something.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts