Honda Fury Forums: banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Don't take my word against it, just read a wiring diagram :wink:
That's where the problem comes in--when the post author doesn't provide relevant information to back up their statement and leaves the reader guessing, which is why on occasion I take issue with some of your posts.

Here's how to make the switch work as described:
  1. At night look at where the headlight aim is againt a reference and where the phoenix flames are on the ground so there's an indication of factory headlight aim.
  2. Open the headlight bucket and pull the wiring. Relocate as much as possible to somewhere else.
  3. Stick a micro-HID controller in the bucket.
  4. If you failed on the previous step it's because you failed on the step before that. You suck. Locate the HID controller under the fuel tank (not ideal).
  5. Replace the stock bulb with a HID.
  6. Remove and tape off the High Beam wire.
  7. Connect the Low Beam wire to the HID controller and wire the rest up.
  8. Test and reassemble.
  9. Aim the headlight. (Don't blind others, that creates hazardous driving conditions for you and them.)
HID lights wear heavily with "hot starts," such as when the ignition key is on and the OEM headlight comes on, then goes off-on when pressing the Start button. If the High Beam wire is disconnected it functions as an "off" position. After starting the bike switch from High Beam to Low Beam and double-check the HID fired up, as sometimes they don't when cold. There's no high-beam, but it's generally not needed as HIDs are bright anyway.

:wink:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
If you have an Apple phone, throw it in the trash and go get a real device that will last you more than 1 year before they force you to buy the newest model.
LOL.........My wife and I are still using our 6 year old iPhones (5S) and all we have ever done was put a new battery in her phone. We have no plans to get new phones until these are beyond repair and they way they last it may be another 6 years before we think about another iPhone. Even our daughters are still using their iPhone 6 and 6s. No forced purchases here in Sydney.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Don't take my word against it, just read a wiring diagram :wink:
Not EVERYTHING you say is stupid, but I don't take your WORD for anything. And I read wiring diagrams daily.

LOL.........My wife and I are still using our 6 year old iPhones (5S) and all we have ever done was put a new battery in her phone. We have no plans to get new phones until these are beyond repair and they way they last it may be another 6 years before we think about another iPhone. Even our daughters are still using their iPhone 6 and 6s. No forced purchases here in Sydney.
Hell, if it works for you, I bet there are plenty of other places you can spend that money that you are saving.

·
Premium Member
13,392 Posts
I had my little Flip P hone for 12 years till it came out of my pocket and hit the fan on a truck i was working on, 5 pieces went everywhere. I used it another 2 months after i put it back together. Went to U.S. Cellular and got another flip phone to take its place. It does everything I need it to, Hello and Goodbye. Nuff Said.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I had my little Flip P hone for 12 years till it came out of my pocket and hit the fan on a truck i was working on, 5 pieces went everywhere. I used it another 2 months after i put it back together. Went to U.S. Cellular and got another flip phone to take its place. It does everything I need it to, Hello and Goodbye. Nuff Said.
There is a lot to be said for that. I ended up with smart phones because I needed the connectivity for work. Emails all the time, texts, and a rare phone call, but that was usually in the middle of night lol! But I still have refused to join any social media bullshit.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Good to know. Have to wonder why you would "just have to take your (Hedge) word on this..." when he said to turn OFF your headlight and later admitted you need to cut the high beam wire.
Because it sounded like typical hedge hog bullshit. I had no intention of going out to my bike and attempting what he described as the steps required, knowing full well that since 1979 virtually all motorcycles sold in the US are equipped with automatically on headlamps. So I knew that there was virtually no way that it could do it as sold. And that was BEFORE he mentioned the 'modifications' necessary.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
+1 My old Motorola V3 flip was the best phone I have had.

There is a lot to be said for that. I ended up with smart phones because I needed the connectivity for work. Emails all the time, texts, and a rare phone call, but that was usually in the middle of night lol! But I still have refused to join any social media bullshit.
No social media for me either. I don't have any interest or time for that crap.
I do find email, a decent camera and some apps to be very handy on my smart phone, but that is it other than making calls.....:3ek:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
No social media for me either. I don't have any interest or time for that crap.
I do find email, a decent camera and some apps to be very handy on my smart phone, but that is it other than making calls.....:3ek:
The camera sold me on my last phone. I got the pixel XL because of the camera. And the free endless photo storage! I have the 3 XL now. The camera is kind of a big deal for me personally as I take a LOT of pictures. Once I get either work straightened out, or get my town house rented, I am buying a new DSLR.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Battery Monitor BM2

After reading this thread and others concerning the Fury "hot start" issue, I decided to get a new battery. But before doing so I purchased the BM2 battery monitor outlined earlier in this thread.

I was *unable* to "bluetooth pair" the BM2 from my (relatively new) Moto G6 phone running android 8.0 but *was* able to using my wife's (relatively old) Samsung S4 running android 5.0.

Thinking the Moto bluetooth was malfunctioning I tested the Moto and was able to pair with my car.

So... have any of you who have this monitor experienced similar anomalies?

Do I have a bad monitor? bad phone? I "factory reset" the communications functions on the phone, but results about the same...

Frank

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try pairing one phone to the other as a quick test.
The phones pair with each other.

Old phone can pair with BM2.

New phone says "incorrect PIN or passkey". Web says no PIN required...

Old phone required no PIN or passkey.

At least I can see various voltages using wife's phone.

Lots of info on web ref "problem with Moto bluetooth". Lots of suggestions to fix, including factory reset. Tried 'em all, no luck.

I'm assuming there are multiple protocols for bluetooth, and BM2 uses one that some phones can't see.

New phone probably still under warranty, guess it's back to dealer for exchange.

Thanks for your response.

Frank

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Blue tooth ELM27 scanners for OBD2 tend to use 1234 as a password. Gotta be something easy like that. Did you call the company?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blue tooth ELM27 scanners for OBD2 tend to use 1234 as a password. Gotta be something easy like that. Did you call the company?
When I was able to see the device with my phone I tried both 0000 and 1234 as passwords. Neither worked.

On my wife's phone, it did not ask for a password.

It connected (paired) on her Samsung phone, just would not pair on my Motorola phone.

I'm thinking it's more a phone issue rather than BM2 issue. In any event, I can just use my wife's phone to see what I need. I was just interested in determining the status of the battery while cranking and while charging before committing to purchase a new battery...

Frank

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Strange Readings

I don't know what this all means, I just íntalled it ...
Paul, might want to try hooking your battery monitor up to another vehicle with a lead acid or AGM battery and compare results :nerd:

I just got a similar result even though I wasn't 'cranking' or on the 'Cranking Test' page on battery monitor while I was deliberately draining my 9 year old AGM battery down to 5 volts for an attempt to 'recondition' on my CTEK charger. I'm assuming it had something to do with forcing the voltage so low. Also the default screen showing showing resting voltage (Voltage Test page) froze and would not reset to resume monitoring until I briefly disconnected one of the monitor leads and then it returned to normal function.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Here's todays contributions.
App requires 0000 or 1234 at setup, both suggested. Suggest un-install and see screen prompt at re-install. App is BM2.
Right to left, fourth screen capture is after turning on app & bluetooth in my 2nd floor room where I can see my bike 50 feet away.
Third and second screens are swiped while riding down the road on commute.
Ring around "14.42V" rotates actively with bike running and is actual charging voltage. Later screen capture at work before turning it off.
Second screen looks like it charts engine start data each time started
I replaced an AGM battery with a Shorai on my Repsol and EarthX on my Fury. The Shorai will be replaced with an EarthX when necessary. I have no AGM battery to use as a test standard.
May I suggest someone with an original Battery on their 2010 or later Fury would like to buy a $35 device, install it and give us a baseline.
I think I can keep my daily contributions coming if I just remember to turn on the app, bluetooth and mount phone on bike, to and from work! The swiping is the easy part!
And, yes this is a strong battery as my mechanic exclaimed and this device shows.
The time/app/temp/info line at the top is my phone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
And now that I'm started, lets put it all out there! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Next pages.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 81 Posts