·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Next pictures.

Attachments

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Here is a cold cranking test without fuel or ignition (fuse removed) on a tired but freshly charged 9 year old Honda OEM Yuasa YTZ14S battery.

The stated cranking voltage from the initial turnover of this 3 second test is a bit misleading. As shown earlier a normal start occurs within one second.
Since the engine was not started during this cranking test the voltage for the remaining duration of the cranking is varying between 9 and 12 volts which is more than adequate to supply enough voltage to the ECM to start the engine. Starting vs. ending voltage has about ½ volt drop which is reasonable.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Here is a cold cranking test without fuel or ignition (fuse removed) on a tired but freshly charged 9 year old Honda OEM Yuasa YTZ14S battery.

The stated cranking voltage from the initial turnover of this 3 second test is a bit misleading. As shown earlier a normal start occurs within one second.
Since the engine was not started during this cranking test the voltage for the remaining duration of the cranking is varying between 9 and 12 volts which is more than adequate to supply enough voltage to the ECM to start the engine. Starting vs. ending voltage has about ½ volt drop which is reasonable.
Did you get one of these monitors?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
First shot is in room, app & bluetooth turned on.
Second & third are engine running.
I don't know what the fourth is. Screen changed when I swiped left.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
On the ride back to the house.
First is app/bluetooth on.
Second is engine running.
I don't know what third is.
Fifth screen with just test button: press test button and you get fourth screen. Test complete gives the fifth screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Getting closer...

When I was able to see the device with my phone I tried both 0000 and 1234 as passwords. Neither worked.

On my wife's phone, it did not ask for a password.

It connected (paired) on her Samsung phone, just would not pair on my Motorola phone.

I'm thinking it's more a phone issue rather than BM2 issue. In any event, I can just use my wife's phone to see what I need. I was just interested in determining the status of the battery while cranking and while charging before committing to purchase a new battery...

Frank
After reading hedgehog's post I tried six 0's and I was finally able to see the BM2 with my (new) Motorola phone, but the app *still* could not see the monitor.

Then I read the reviews for the app in the Google Play Store and several reviewers mentioned that, if you had trouble connecting to the monitor, turn on "location services" (GPS) on the phone. Who knew!?!

When I did that then the app was *finally* able to see the monitor.

So now I can see the BM2 on my own phone but the app constantly cycles between "connected" and "unconnect".

So... I'm getting closer. Guess I'll keep playing with it...

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Last page end.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
After reading hedgehog's post I tried six 0's and I was finally able to see the BM2 with my (new) Motorola phone, but the app *still* could not see the monitor.

Then I read the reviews for the app in the Google Play Store and several reviewers mentioned that, if you had trouble connecting to the monitor, turn on "location services" (GPS) on the phone. Who knew!?!

When I did that then the app was *finally* able to see the monitor.

So now I can see the BM2 on my own phone but the app constantly cycles between "connected" and "unconnect".

So... I'm getting closer. Guess I'll keep playing with it...
Chinese software is kind of like spyware: it wants Bluetooth to connect to the device, GPS for your location, and Cellular Data to phone home and report you.

You might also need to:
Settings (gear icon) > Apps > BM2 > Permissions
Enable any permissions it needs

If your WiFi or cellular connection drop out it may confuse the program.

If you give it Contacts or Read/Write SD Card permissions it may spy on you and report home regularly.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Bought second battery monitor for Repsol sportbike w/Shorai battery.
Went to same page as first purchase and received Battery Monitor II version in box.
Same instructions as first version and two thirds the size.

Rechecked page and found picture updated to Battery Monitor II.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
First start up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Before turning off at end of warming up to operating temp.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
View when connected up in room, bike off and under cover.
Originally read VL in voltage readout until it refreshed.
That was unnerving even though the battery just started the bike easily!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I'll charge it with the Shorai charger and post screen captures after.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Charging on Shorai charger. Indicator lights signal low voltage and charger is cycling back to full charge status.
Battery fully charged.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Ok,
Heres the last series of screenshots of Shorai battery monitor.
First two when walking up to bike with app open and bluetooth on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Next two after starting bike before commute to work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Last three before turning off bike at end of commute.
I don't understand why EarthX cranking voltage tests over 30 and Shorai 6-8.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 81 Posts