Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
With a lot of people looking for more distance out of their Fury, there's been discussions of gas mileage, altering the tank, designing a reserve tank to sit underneath, etc.

I wonder if anyone could get their hands on a Stateline tank to see if it would closely "plug and play"?

The Stateline has a 4.4 gallon tank ... which would get us over 200 miles between fill-ups.
I just put one on mine wish I had thought about earlier

·
Registered
21 Posts
so you are keeping the fury speedo? Can you detail how you did what you did (mods required)?
Yes I like the fury speedo better it even with your eyes not having to look down. First you need the handlebar riser from Mean Cycles it raises the bars up 1” and back 2” putting the bars at the smaller taper rather than the wide head of the tank and really more comfortable than stock. Get your self a interstate or Stateline tank then I bought a VTX extended speedo housing and glazed it into the tank, I had to lenthen the area between the fuel cap and speedo also I cut a piece of plexiglass for the speedo face plate that will be painted the same as the the tank and a custom gold logo of Grim Reaper that will be placed on the faceplate but you also just use the Stalin chrome speedo housing if not into body work . Then I ground down the top and bottom of the 2 rubber tank grommets then cut out the back curve of the tank cups to let the tank slide further up on the neck till the back mounting hole maches the rear mount brackets

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I like the fury speedo better it even with your eyes not having to look down. First you need the handlebar riser from Mean Cycles it raises the bars up 1” and back 2” putting the bars at the smaller taper rather than the wide head of the tank and really more comfortable than stock. Get your self a interstate or Stateline tank then I bought a VTX extended speedo housing and glazed it into the tank, I had to lenthen the area between the fuel cap and speedo also I cut a piece of plexiglass for the speedo face plate that will be painted the same as the the tank and a custom gold logo of Grim Reaper that will be placed on the faceplate but you also just use the Stalin chrome speedo housing if not into body work . Then I ground down the top and bottom of the 2 rubber tank grommets then cut out the back curve of the tank cups to let the tank slide further up on the neck till the back mounting hole maches the rear mount brackets

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts