Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is raw designs the only one making these? if not, who else and where can i see them? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
They are the only one's that make them like this that I know of. There are other that you can add on your self, like a DIY project, but this one is almost ready to go out of the box. Radianz sells the LED kits (and RAW has their's on that sight as well) for it, and there are other places to go for kits if you want to DIY.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I you have the know how and pull all the stuff together you can save alot of money. If you are not, then the Raw stealth kit is easy to install... put mine on in about a hour or so. It comes with the mount bracket and all that you need to put them on.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Transport Mode of transport

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I you have the know how and pull all the stuff together you can save alot of money. If you are not, then the Raw stealth kit is easy to install... put mine on in about a hour or so. It comes with the mount bracket and all that you need to put them on.

View attachment 1718
Unfortunately, I don't have the skill to Macgyver it all together... I love the look of the Raw Designs kit but I don't understand why it needs to be $100 more than their same kit for a suzuki... I guess I'm gonna have to wait until they put a reasonable price on it or until some competition helps level the field... What did yours end up costing if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the Raw Design version and am extremely happy with it. It so radically transforms the look of the bike when viewed from sides or rear, that its well worth the money. I think you have to view the price from that perspective. Don't think of it as merely a taillight. Weigh the visual impact you are creating against the price. If you consider that long enough, it suddenly doesn't seem so expensive.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Well put!

I have the Raw Design version and am extremely happy with it. It so radically transforms the look of the bike when viewed from sides or rear, that its well worth the money. I think you have to view the price from that perspective. Don't think of it as merely a taillight. Weigh the visual impact you are creating against the price. If you consider that long enough, it suddenly doesn't seem so expensive.
Agreed. One of my best mods to date!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have the skill to Macgyver it all together... I love the look of the Raw Designs kit but I don't understand why it needs to be $100 more than their same kit for a suzuki... I guess I'm gonna have to wait until they put a reasonable price on it or until some competition helps level the field... What did yours end up costing if you don't mind me asking?
Well it is one of the best mods I have done as well. It cost me what they have posted. I work in a garage so the shink wrap and connectors where free. sorry I cannot tell you the whole cost.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I plan on putting together a DIY for the rear light within the next month or two, like the one I did for the front LED's I installed onto my bike. If you can wait long enough, that will happen. Search my username & find the thread I started for the front LED install. I have added up the cost of the rear LED install, & it should run about 125$ -150$ (the run/stop/signal module cost 60$ by itself, LED's will cost about 60$ as well & I will post it once I make sure it is right and working fine), for all materials. But again, You'll have to wait.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it is one of the best mods I have done as well. It cost me what they have posted. I work in a garage so the shink wrap and connectors where free. sorry I cannot tell you the whole cost.
I have access to the wire connectors, etc as well. I was wondering if you had found it anywhere else but you've answered my question. It's just one of those things that's GOT to be done on this bike! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to just bite the bullet on this one... Thanks to EVERYBODY for all of your feedback and info.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I have access to the wire connectors, etc as well. I was wondering if you had found it anywhere else but you've answered my question. It's just one of those things that's GOT to be done on this bike! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to just bite the bullet on this one... Thanks to EVERYBODY for all of your feedback and info.
ryguy;

It's kinda' like the guy down at the feedstore said, "We got two kinds of hay here, but if you want the kind that hasn't been through the horse yet, it's gonna' cost you a little extra!" I, too, have installed the Raw Designs kit, and as a Designer/Technologist/Engineer, I concluded that, if I was paying myself only $0.25 an hour, by the time I fabricated the brackets and hardware and sourced/purchased the modules, I'd still be money ahead just buying Raw's kit. The time/hassle you'll save can be more productively spent drinking beer or screwing! LOL. Just "bite the bullet" and get it over with; you'll LOVE the finished result!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Well here is my two cents. I love the look of the raw stealth tail light. It looks awesome. But I think it looks out of place on the fury. It makes the fender look to high. Although I have never seen one in person and I know that sometimes pictures don’t do it justice. And I’m sheer that it looks better when there is someone ridding it to weigh it down. like i said just my two cents.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ryguy;

It's kinda' like the guy down at the feedstore said, "We got two kinds of hay here, but if you want the kind that hasn't been through the horse yet, it's gonna' cost you a little extra!" I, too, have installed the Raw Designs kit, and as a Designer/Technologist/Engineer, I concluded that, if I was paying myself only $0.25 an hour, by the time I fabricated the brackets and hardware and sourced/purchased the modules, I'd still be money ahead just buying Raw's kit. The time/hassle you'll save can be more productively spent drinking beer or screwing! LOL. Just "bite the bullet" and get it over with; you'll LOVE the finished result!

Cheers
Excellent advice. I don't have the money for it yet but i DO have a birthday coming up... I guess I'll just have to drink and screw until then.:D

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Although I have never seen one in person and I know that sometimes pictures don’t do it justice.
Tony;

No other mod can do as much to "clean-up" the back end of the Fury as this one; when you do get around to actually seeing one, I'm sure you'll agree. Plus, this one really baffles, intrigues and amazes the Hardley riders to no end! They always ask, "Where's your taillight and your turn signals?", and the look on their faces is worth every penny when you fire-up the LED's and show 'em. As far as exposing the tire, I thought that was the whole idea!

Cheers

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well here is my two cents. I love the look of the raw stealth tail light. It looks awesome. But I think it looks out of place on the fury. It makes the fender look to high. Although I have never seen one in person and I know that sometimes pictures don’t do it justice. And I’m sheer that it looks better when there is someone ridding it to weigh it down. like i said just my two cents.
I agree with you about making the rear fender look too high. I'm still at the drawing board trying to decide how I want to go about moving one of the shock mount locations in order to lower the rear about 3-4" while keeping the OEM shock... Little bit at a time....:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Just some FYI's,

First off... L&M are coming out with an Air Ride here soon (if you wanted to lower the back end that way)... but, will be mid range in price probably... 3-500$ somewhere. Second, once you sit on the seat, it naturally lowers the back end so it doesn't ride so high as when you are just looking at it from the side... Also, as I noticed with CBFury's lights, he has the 200 Metzeler for the rear tire and it seems wider than the Dunlops, which makes it feel like the fender is being pulled down more. And last, L&M is hopefully going to be coming out with a new rear fender here soon that is supposed to help lower the back end a little bit. Anyways, just thought I'd throw out some info. Also, some of the other riders are trying out the 210's to fit on the rear rim, so that would again... pull it down further visually.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just some FYI's,

First off... L&M are coming out with an Air Ride here soon (if you wanted to lower the back end that way)... but, will be mid range in price probably... 3-500$ somewhere. Second, once you sit on the seat, it naturally lowers the back end so it doesn't ride so high as when you are just looking at it from the side... Also, as I noticed with CBFury's lights, he has the 200 Metzeler for the rear tire and it seems wider than the Dunlops, which makes it feel like the fender is being pulled down more. And last, L&M is hopefully going to be coming out with a new rear fender here soon that is supposed to help lower the back end a little bit. Anyways, just thought I'd throw out some info. Also, some of the other riders are trying out the 210's to fit on the rear rim, so that would again... pull it down further visually.
I would absolutely LOVE to get their air shock to do what I want but I have my doubts about what the price is going to be. I'm afraid it's going to be a lot more than what everyone expects based on comparable items for other bikes. I know the bike sits lower when I'm on it and I'll take that into account if I move the shock mount bracket. On the other hand, I could buy an 11" shock but I like the suspension on the Fury as it is and don't want to replace a perfectly good shock if I don't have to. If low and mean's air shock is indeed in the $300-$500 range, I will definitely be going that route. I don't plan on doing any cutting or welding until I at least know what the price is for the air shock as that is my #1 preference. Something about a parked bike that's dropped like their videos on youtube is just awesome and I'd be able to raise it back up to where it's comfy when I ride. Hands down, that's the best of both worlds. I'm still on the fence of whether or not to go wider in the rear... I love the look but I'm just not sure I wanna get that involved ($) into that project. It seems to me that it would snowball pretty quick. Have rim widened, might as well have it chromed while it's off, better chrome the front one to match, new rear fender?, and a nice fat pricetag on the new nice fat tire... who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery.... :D

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I know when i was doing custom car work air ride suspensions were relatively cheap, figure on this if you have it adjustable on the fly you only need a small pump, a switch single cyl valve body and possibly a small tank depending on how fast you want it adjustable. I havent priced it all out in a while but if i recall a full car setup was only like 1500. Just checked and yamaha's tend to run around 800 so if Low and Mean shops around and doesnt get all the most expensive parts should be kinda close to 500

Asfar as the tail light the RAW i think was around 250, If you have all the means to do it yourself you could probably get away with under 100 but you will be puting alot of time into it and the fit might not be as clean as RAW. You gotta remember when dealing with produced parts they have to look good enough to sell and all the bugs are worked out of them so its kinda Russian Roulet, If you can do it your self and are confident go ahead but if you arnt positive then you will be putting in a ton of time where it probably wont be worth it

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I kinda figured out the cost with help of redspawn. Looks like for making a knockoff of RAW's style it is going to be 120+ (60 for light and 60 for module to run turns with brake incorperated and having the light just like a cars rear) bracket and misc connectors. You could get away cheaper if you use a setup we were also discussing but it leaves the turnsignals at a more questionable legality which would drop the cost to about 80 (light for 65 and a load equalizer) This is pricing the light from Radiantz.com clicking Flexable LED lights> 1mm flexable array and its displayed as the top selection.

Remember to check your lighting laws to avoid tickets. Im holding off on doing mine for a little (Exhaust is my priority) then going to pry through our state statute for FL to see what i can get away with

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I kinda figured out the cost with help of redspawn. Looks like for making a knockoff of RAW's style it is going to be 120+ (60 for light and 60 for module to run turns with brake incorperated and having the light just like a cars rear) bracket and misc connectors. You could get away cheaper if you use a setup we were also discussing but it leaves the turnsignals at a more questionable legality which would drop the cost to about 80 (light for 65 and a load equalizer) This is pricing the light from Radiantz.com clicking Flexable LED lights> 1mm flexable array and its displayed as the top selection.

Remember to check your lighting laws to avoid tickets. Im holding off on doing mine for a little (Exhaust is my priority) then going to pry through our state statute for FL to see what i can get away with
Lol... yea, that's why I did my exhaust before I modded the lights... damn all my friends with loud pipes... couldn't stand the quietness of hearing the crickets as I rolled by on the Fury... This bike has balls, so long as you give it some... Damn the people that don't like loud "ANYTHING" :rolleyes: It's kind of funny the way that works out, usually it's the old people ... and yet, they're the one's that started the trend in the first place... go figure right... **ugggg**

1 - 20 of 21 Posts