Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals,

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere or if it is a foolish question, but how are you guys liking the steering lock on the Fury? I am finding it very difficult to use and just looking at it does not appear very sturdy.

This is my very first bike so I have nothing to compare it to really. I'm just curious how much everybody else uses it or if they have something that works better to keep the bike safe when out and about.

Thanks for the feedback.

Nate

·
Registered
158 Posts
For locking the bike for a quick shopping trip, the steering lock is fine. It took me a few tries to figure out that moving the fork while turning the key makes it very easy to use the steering lock. For parking longer term I use a disk lock and a motion sensor alarm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agreed - I couldn't lock the fork on my bike until I barely turned the handlebars back towards center. It's easy to do once you see how it works. If you continue having trouble, see if the stealership can show you...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Don't use mine. The only time it is parked in public is if I'm running into a store quickly or taking the woman out for dinner. Most of the time, I park in front of a window and make sure that is where I sit. If someone wants it, they are going to be able to break the steering lock with one kick to the handlebars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed - I couldn't lock the fork on my bike until I barely turned the handlebars back towards center. It's easy to do once you see how it works. If you continue having trouble, see if the stealership can show you...
Welcome to the forums and thanks for the tip. I played with it a little last night and did have a little easier time when I turned the forks a bit, but it just seems so inconvenient. I just do not see myself using is very much because of this. I'm hoping to come across something a little simpler that I can carry around with me and use when I run to the store and quick trips like that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use it sometimes when out of my little town but I do not like the design... it's crappy looking rivet with over-sized washer holding the assembly in place looks like garbage IMO.
I have to agree with you. Given how awesome this bike looks in all other aspects, they really seem to have given the steering lock design to the interns.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use it every time i get off the bike, it just becomes a habit after awhile... it may not be perfect and completely fool proof...but its better than having some jackass walk off with your bike when your not looking. plus i think having the steering wheel locked in the left turn position will help prevent a tip over if someone bumped into your handlebars too hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts