Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got quoted for 300bucks + parts...

I searched on forum seems like the price are all over the place.. I wonder if this is negotiable price...

also, I have seen ppl buying 5 year extended maintenance plane for 350 bucks? Can I add that right now? Since that seems to be the logical choice to do, I'd love to have all free service after paying for the extended maintenance plan. Since 1 service is almost just as expensive..

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

I searched on forum seems like the price are all over the place.. I wonder if this is negotiable price...

also, I have seen ppl buying 5 year extended maintenance plane for 350 bucks? Can I add that right now? Since that seems to be the logical choice to do, I'd love to have all free service after paying for the extended maintenance plan. Since 1 service is almost just as expensive..
i think it was 150ish here. The 5yr plan i think is a warrenty, an oil change alone is 45 in supplies

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts

oil changes are $40+ even if you do it yourself. I think Honda recommends oil changes every 4000 miles--which seems like kind of a long time between changes for a hard working 2 cyl. engine.

I believe with the svc plan you'd only get to do service visits on the prescribed schedule.

perhaps someone with a svc plan and over 10k on the odo can add to this thread.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
oil changes are $40+ even if you do it yourself. I think Honda recommends oil changes every 4000 miles--which seems like kind of a long time between changes for a hard working 2 cyl. engine.

I believe with the svc plan you'd only get to do service visits on the prescribed schedule.

perhaps someone with a svc plan and over 10k on the odo can add to this thread.
Hondas schedule is 8K or 1 year, between oil changes. There is a reason some dealers are so hot to offer the maintenance package, it is a huge money maker for them. Probably 9 out of 10 owners will never get their moneys worth from it. It is only good at the dealer where purchased, most are not transferable, most owners will not keep the bike 5 years,, those that do usually learn/prefer to DIY, etc., JMHO

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Hondas schedule is 8K or 1 year, between oil changes. There is a reason some dealers are so hot to offer the maintenance package, it is a huge money maker for them. Probably 9 out of 10 owners will never get their moneys worth from it. It is only good at the dealer where purchased, most are not transferable, most owners will not keep the bike 5 years,, those that do usually learn/prefer to DIY, etc., JMHO
Clue, you work on bikes, right? Does 1 yr/8k seem a bit of a long gap between oil changes? I thought 2 cyl. engines worked harder than auto engines (all other things being equal).

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I paid $186 for my 600 mile service and that included checking and adjusting the valves. Odds are your going to get boned on price because of the area you live in.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think most of that service cost is labor to do the valve check/adjust because you have to take a lot of stuff apart just to access them. Many have said on here that it is critical to get the valves right at first service because there is initial wear and I think thats true. If you can do this part yourself it could save a lot of $$ but don't neglect the valves.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Clue, you work on bikes, right? Does 1 yr/8k seem a bit of a long gap between oil changes? I thought 2 cyl. engines worked harder than auto engines (all other things being equal).
its synthetic oil, and it depends on alot of factors (friction values, metal types, air being sucked in, running temps)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
its synthetic oil, and it depends on alot of factors (friction values, metal types, air being sucked in, running temps)
Actually, Imwright, I think the book calls for regular ole' dino oil, but still specifies 8K or 1 year between oil changes. With synthetic oil, and a good oil filter, you can safely go 10K or 1 year, unless you're still hung-up in the old-school 3K-or-3 month mindset.

Cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I paid $186 for my 600 mile service and that included checking and adjusting the valves. Odds are your going to get boned on price because of the area you live in.

Where did you take your bike to?

I bought mine from Ride which is in woodenville. I should probably try Everett Motorsports since they are closer to me.. probably cheaper, too.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I think 8K is way too far, 1yr not so bad, that is what I do, but I don't ride either of my bikes anywhere near that many miles per year. (This year the Fury got alot more than the VTX tho) The owners manual calls for GN4 10w30, which is not a synthetic. None of the bikes I work on, go over 4000 miles between changes, and some of the Wing Whiners get all upset if they go over 3K. (the GL1800 and the VTX recommended service is also 8K) and a few are changing the synthetic that often, even when they are told they are wasting money.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Actually, Imwright, I think the book calls for regular ole' dino oil, but still specifies 8K or 1 year between oil changes. With synthetic oil, and a good oil filter, you can safely go 10K or 1 year, unless you're still hung-up in the old-school 3K-or-3 month mindset.

Cheers
Hmm I assumed it was synthetic or a blend from the gapping on interval and with it being stated GN4 or equivilant (rather then just Weight like all of my previous vehicles). Since i swapped to Synthetic though I will just stick with my 6k oil changes. My vehicles I run regular oil in all get 3K just so i know it is safe (I live on a dirt road and run my vehicles relatively hard)

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
i got the honda gold service pak when i bought my ride,plus the 5 year warrentee.i dont have to pay for anything for 5 years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just called another dealer... they only wanted 250 which includes parts and labor.. the other dealer wanted 300 just for labor...

looks like i'm taking it to the other dealership.. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts