Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Still no rear brakes

Greetings,
I installed new forward controls. Used a vacuum line to bleed. No bubbles, the brake fluid ran a solid stream and I filled the master cylinder five times to insure no air in system. However, there is little resistance on the brake peddle and no brakes. Does that mean I still have air in the line?
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the assistance.
T

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I have no idea, but your Breaks are actually Brakes lol, ;) Unless you actually broke your brakes then I guess it could be breaks :D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Sounds as if you are not getting pressure from the new master cylinder that came with the forward controls. Either that, or the adjustment associated with the master cylinder plunger there is not enough travel to create pressure..

only guessing here

·
Registered
396 Posts
NO Brakes?

Greetings,
I installed new forward controls. Used a vacuum line to bleed. No bubbles, the brake fluid ran a solid stream and I filled the master cylinder five times to insure no air in system. However, there is little resistance on the brake peddle and no brakes. Does that mean I still have air in the line?
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the assistance.
T
Most often, a vacuum bleeder only gets 80% of the air out of the system. The air bubbles can be very hard to see going threw the hose, because the fluid is aerated not segmented with bubbles.

Now that you have used a vacuum bleeder, finish by bleeding manually, by hand, the old fashion way.

That should solve any issues.

Give me a call if this does not work & I will see if I can help guide you.

Troy
623-516-9600 Ext 29

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most often, a vacuum bleeder only gets 80% of the air out of the system. The air bubbles can be very hard to see going threw the hose, because the fluid is aerated not segmented with bubbles.

Now that you have used a vacuum bleeder, finish by bleeding manually, by hand, the old fashion way.

That should solve any issues.

Give me a call if this does not work & I will see if I can help guide you.

Troy
623-516-9600 Ext 29
Thanks Troy,
Yep that worked. Took about 30 seconds and poof, instant stopping power.
:)
Congratulations on setting two new speed records!!
T

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Ok Taz, now that you have the brakes working, where's the pic's of the forward controls you added...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts