Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took three attempts to get the site to load this morning and once it loaded it still runs super slow. Don't even think about photos. Things are so stuffed up the politicians must be running the joint. Well over two months and counting.

·
Administrator
436 Posts
Took three attempts to get the site to load this morning and once it loaded it still runs super slow. Don't even think about photos. Things are so stuffed up the politicians must be running the joint. Well over two months and counting.
Escalated the slowness issue into the doc.
Do you hang on anything when you're loading?
There should be a link/text showing up on the bottom left corner of the site.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

·
Premium Member
13,430 Posts
I'm tired of the whole mess.:angryface::angryface::angryface::angryface::angryface:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts

Ed
On 09/06/2018 doing anything on FuryForums
1.) was painfully slow,
2.) on any device,
3.) used throughout the day.

a.) The forum was reasonably fast on surrounding days (09/05 & 09/07).
b.) The Personal Computers and phones had no received updates between 09/05 & 09/07.
c.) The Personal Computers and phones worked fine with other sites.

The problem is with the forum servers.

The status bar shows slowness is in loading items from FuryForums.com and Google.com. Because of the way the site is scripted everything hangs until the page is mostly loaded and the browser can render the layout (then fill in the placeholders such as ads and images).

Not sure what the link/text showing up on the bottom left corner of the site is referring to. Maybe you could post a picture.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
On 09/06/2018 doing anything on FuryForums
1.) was painfully slow,
2.) on any device,
3.) used throughout the day.

a.) The forum was reasonably fast on surrounding days (09/05 & 09/07).
b.) The Personal Computers and phones had no received updates between 09/05 & 09/07.
c.) The Personal Computers and phones worked fine with other sites.

The problem is with the forum servers.

The status bar shows slowness is in loading items from FuryForums.com and Google.com. Because of the way the site is scripted everything hangs until the page is mostly loaded and the browser can render the layout (then fill in the placeholders such as ads and images).

Not sure what the link/text showing up on the bottom left corner of the site is referring to. Maybe you could post a picture.
LMAO!!!!

Not likely.... lol

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you provide answers to the questions Ed asked so we can investigate the issues?

- JB

Ed

No link shows up. The status bar just says "waiting for fury forums" or words to that effect

Investigate & escalate, you guys sure sound like a bunch of outsourced "IT help". I'm surprised you don't say your SLA only requires you to fix a fault once it has been a problem for six months. I'd like to remind you that half of our members are IT guys so we can see straight through the excuses.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
No link shows up. The status bar just says "waiting for fury forums" or words to that effect

Investigate & escalate, you guys sure sound like a bunch of outsourced "IT help". I'm surprised you don't say your SLA only requires you to fix a fault once it has been a problem for six months. I'd like to remind you that half of our members are IT guys so we can see straight through the excuses.
What my esteemed colleague has so eloquently stated with his astute comment in a more simplistic form derived by myself.

Why doesn't someone get off there dead ass and address what's been plaguing this forum for 2 1/2 months. We've heard all your excuses and listened to the same old statement that the issues have been escalated. Really? Just FIX IT already!!!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
What my esteemed colleague has so eloquently stated with his astute comment in a more simplistic form derived by myself.

Why doesn't someone get off there dead ass and address what's been plaguing this forum for 2 1/2 months. We've heard all your excuses and listened to the same old statement that the issues have been escalated. Really? Just FIX IT already!!!
I think their idea of "fixing it" is to wait it out until all the old timers (forum regulars) get tired of the BS and simply give up and stop coming here.... then the new people won't realize there is a problem and therefore won't complain.... Problem solved.... lol:grin:

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

When it gets to 3 months the answer that comes from the "escalated" high places will be that photos working was never in their scope of work so therefore the forum is working perfectly. Case closed. :wink:

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think their idea of "fixing it" is to wait it out until all the old timers (forum regulars) get tired of the BS and simply give up and stop coming here.... then the new people won't realize there is a problem and therefore won't complain.... Problem solved.... lol:grin:
Are you working for the government now? You sure sound like it! :wink:

·
Premium Member
13,430 Posts
I am close to this now.:frown:. I'm glad you guy's answered his question so i didn't have to get banned. Thanks.:grin:

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
They'll never get rid of me..............although I have stopped coming on here as much as I used to. In fact, I'm spending most of my time on another site that works. They were broke down for 2-3 weeks and got their shit fixed. If they were trying to get rid of members over there, it worked. A lot of them left and went to another site and then left there and started their own site. I think that happened here a couple of times in the past, but not because the site broke. Just butt hurt shit.

Whatever, I don't give a shit one way or the other. I spend too much time on these sites anyway. If the internet went away it'd make me a better employee.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
They'll never get rid of me..............
That would suck if the forum lost its mascot...

I think they decided to cut expenses as much as possible and just suck off the ad revenue.
1.) Migrate to "the cloud" and save server costs.
2.) Don't worry about image migration--cuts bandwidth costs.
3.) New image uploads failed? Unexpected Bonus!--Cuts bandwidth costs

Hopefully I'm wrong...

:frown:

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
That would suck if the forum lost its mascot...

I think they decided to cut expenses as much as possible and just suck off the ad revenue.
1.) Migrate to "the cloud" and save server costs.
2.) Don't worry about image migration--cuts bandwidth costs.
3.) New image uploads failed? Unexpected Bonus!--Cuts bandwidth costs

Hopefully I'm wrong...

:frown:
Eh, nothing lasts forever.

On a lighter note, this weekend was pretty gloomy, but at least it was cool. I don't think the temperature ever reached 70. I grilled some burgers and dogs, in the damn drizzle that just kept coming back after making me think it had gone away. Hamburgers and hotdogs were still good though. I love to cook on the grill. Bad thing is, like a pig, I ate three damn burgers.....................but, I didn't have any sides................other than a couple of hotdogs. Why is it so hard to lose some weight, I wonder?

1 - 20 of 141 Posts