Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to do the stock exhaust modification, but I'm a bit confused after looking in my tail pipe... (Insert joke here).

I don't appear to have any sort of hole in my stock baffle, I am looking at the stock baffle right?

These pics are of the top and bottom chamber of the stock exhaust. Is the bit I'm meant to drill the solid metal part in the middle?

And to mod I basically stick a 3/4 drill bit in and go for it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Disassemble the whole exhaust from the motor and frame take off the chrome covers and you'll see your while muffler there with a porta band or cutting tool cut it in half right after the frame bolt ups and you'll still have a little baffle in there but for the most part straight exhaust then you can reassemble and it will
Still look just like stock exhaust this is what I done until I could afford
My fsd exhaust

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
You have the same muffler as me and I think it is the one used on the AU, EU and UK bikes with O2 sensors. It is on the AU ones for sure.

You could drill out the plate at the end of the inner tube, start with a 6mm hole and work your way up to 15 or 16mm depending on how loud you want it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wierd....mine had two small wholes predrilled. I did as you say 3/4 inch hole saw and cut out the plate. Good improvement on sound so it will calm you for a while and give you a chance to save up for mfrs

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Here is a comparison of the AU & US stock mufflers. You will see that the AU & EU version is quite a bit different. Thanks to Cypress I have a US muffler to experiment with.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I think you should save youself the time and effort and just change out the exhaust for something aftermarket. Let's face it 99% chance your probably going to do it in the future anyways. Think of it as and early Xmas present to yourself.. Merry Xmas!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys for $200 you can get a 2 into 1 custom pipe made at SCOTTS MUFFLER IN LEXINGTON NC 336-731-4253. They made mine and it's great sounds awsome I am a big fan of loud exhaust. My boss can hear me a half mile away when I come up our Hill to work it sounds better then any stock HD with drag pipes. For $200 nothing is available.scotts does a lot of custom bike work but only a few people are aware of it. welcome to the few

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
All these similar muffler questions at the same time...

This thread has more info. and a link to what's inside the stock cans:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts