Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I just installed mayhem pipes and now the old exhaust bracket is just sticking out there like a sore thumb. Anybody know how to remove it?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Help, I just installed mayhem pipes and now the old exhaust bracket is just sticking out there like a sore thumb. Anybody know how to remove it?
if no one replies by the time i get home from work, i'll scan the page in the Service Manual for you... but like he said, it's just two bolts below the side cover...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Follow the bracket to the bike to where it leads into the bike... there are some bolts to undo...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if no one replies by the time i get home from work, i'll scan the page in the Service Manual for you... but like he said, it's just two bolts below the side cover...
Please send it to me, i have pulled a couple of bolts but the bracket will not pull out. I'm sure there is a bolt I am missing. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts

Remove bolts 27 and 28, they go right thru the frame, let the rear end drop down and wiggle it out. PM me if you want to sell the bracket.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

Remove bolts 27 and 28, they go right thru the frame, let the rear end drop down and wiggle it out. PM me if you want to sell the bracket.
Doh... you need a bracket?.. what else as I have other parts i'm about to sell...

·
Registered
164 Posts
MENTAL has asked the right question here as it is a bit tighter to remove with ABS. I got mine after 2 hrs of pulling twisting & swearing. The two bolts loosened the bracket ok, must be solid cast iron as it weighs about 15 kg, anyway to finally get it out I had a big mate, 130+ kg, sit on the bike and compress the rear end suspension and it then came out at a bit of an angle. I think the swing arm rotation must have helped. JM2CW.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
It is a pain to get out. I had to lossen the fins on the back of the engine to get mine out. Or at least I think I had to. It is a tight fit, but it will come out when you get just the right angle. THere is no step by step on getting it out once it is unbolted, just keep at it it will come. As long as it seems to twist and move a side to side pretty freely you are not missing any bolts.

Oh yeah, The instructions on installing the Reapers from RAW has pics of the removal.
Here you go
DataFileHost - Fury_Reaper_Tips_Install.doc

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
jeez, what am i missing from this. I had no problems removing the pipes or bracket--of course I do own a set of seriously stupid mirror struts that refuse to stay tight for no longer than it takes to ride over a set of tri-rail tracks!
and don't even suggest blue loctite--shoulda scraped the chrome off the Kury bolt adapters BEFORE i used the blue...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I removed my rear spring to replace it with the l and m lowered on. i just lowered stand till it hit bottom and pulled bracket out. i have the abs model and had no problem once the bike was sitting low. if your going to lower the rear end you can remove the bracket as well if you plan on replacing the pipes.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Thanks, I was wondering the same thing with my pipes due to arrive any day now :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have abs and it was tight to wriggle out with a bit of force but it comes out
when I felt the weight of that thing I put that and the exhaust box on the scrap pile
what a weight that removed from the bike .:wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts