Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Unfortunaly, we all have a set of those paper weights taking up space. Maybe we could make a cool lamp out of them or something!!!! :rolleyes:
I was thinking a massive Bong.....or...........Sending to scrapyard

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
you could also try ebay or a local newspaper or even your dealer might be interested in them. I'm personally going to try those routes when I go to sell mine.

if those ideas dont work out for you i'm all for the bong idea, puff puff pass lol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If there's a catalytic in them then they're worth far more than $150.

If you really want shot of them take the catalytic out and sell that. They contain rare compounds and metals. A lot of scrap yards pay peanuts for your pipes then take out the cats and make a fortune.

The Fury pipes looked crimped around the catalytic so it might be a tough job. Plus they might sound okay with the cat out... :)

I got my hands on a Honda Blackbird exhaust system a few years back, stripped out the catalytic and sold that on ebay for $800. That was a good few years back. I made $600 in profit. Size wise it was about the same as a can of coke and heavy.

Be careful though most catalytics have toxic chemicals in them

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
all i know is that when I was debating cutting up the exhaust some to get it louder I asked the Honda dealership mechanic and he said that wasn't wise, not because of any harm to the bike, but because that's the most expensive exhaust system you will ever have to buy for this bike, of course he meant if you was to buy it thru honda, but as we all know you can get them on here and ebay for a couple of hundred dollars, my advice is to keep them if you have the room because if you ever go to sell the bike you can get it back as close to factory as possible and then sell the aftermarket items seperate, your never going to get the money that you put into the bike back if you sell it with a lot of aftermarket parts on it, just my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.