Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, Get a step drill that fits into the smallest pipe and drill out the welsh plug. I use a telescopic magnet with a rag around it to remove swarf, the rag makes it extremely easy to clear swarf from the magnet. Try that at least and progress as needed, I take these things in steps, more gas out you might need a little more air in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks all for some great ideas! I am so far enjoying riding my Fury, even the last couple of days here in Florida with the temps around 43* in the am!
I think first and foremost I'm gonna research for a windshield as it would have helped cut that cold air the last few days, and we here in Florida twice a year face the "lovebug" season and I don't want to be face covered with them after a ride! Think I saw people on here promoting a particular windshield that kept the look of the Fury but did its job blocking excess wind, bugs, and even some of the rain at times. Can't remember the make or model of the windshield? Any advice?
As always, thanks guys and gals, and safe riding!
Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing. Mounts to the forks. You just need to move the indicators.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2018 Fury and love everything about the bike except the factory exhaust.
I can't afford to change out the exhaust plus the fact that the chrome exhaust from the factory is beautiful.
My question is, can the baffles be removed, modified, or "punched out" and give a better sound without causing trouble with the air/gas ratio and setting off the computer?
Thank you in advance for your input. Ride safe friends.
Hey I just got a custom pipe on my 2019 fury and it sounds great I am a born beleaver in loud pipes I have been told my fury sounds better and louder then any Harley I not sure where you live I am in Asheboro NC I went to a muffler shop and they made me a 2 into 1 with a turn out and its great . The shops name is SCOTTS MUFFLER in lexington NC. 336-731-4253

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hey I just got a custom pipe on my 2019 fury and it sounds great I am a born beleaver in loud pipes I have been told my fury sounds better and louder then any Harley I not sure where you live I am in Asheboro NC I went to a muffler shop and they made me a 2 into 1 with a turn out and its great . The shops name is SCOTTS MUFFLER in lexington NC. 336-731-4253
How 'bout a pic and/or video w/sound, eh? 👁👁👂

·
Super Moderator
3,271 Posts
@Seamus41:
For the slip-ons, clean everything, remove two pinch clamps up front and unbolt the rear, then wiggle the mufflers off over the next half hour. Clean the ends of the header pipes and assembly is the reverse, and easier.

You can modify the exhaust all you want without burning the valves, it's when you mess with the other side of the cylinder--the intake--you have to be careful to not change the fuel/air ratio.

·
Super Moderator
3,271 Posts
I'd like to follow up with the idea of the Cobra slipons, but I don't know what that entails. Could someone explain to me how that works and what has to be done. It sounds like my stock exhaust stays mounted but part comes off and the slipons replace a portion of the exhaust, if that is correct?
I'm doing this from memory, so if it's a little wrong it'll at least be close (I did a full writeup with pictures, so maybe look for that thread). Briefly:

There's a muffler clamp under the heat shield between each muffler and pipe; loosen the 10mm? bolt (or use a Phillips screwdriver). Remove the muffler bracket bolt (and don't lose any washers or such); it's between the mufflers toward the rear.

Wiggle the muffler assembly off.

Put the clamps on the new mufflers. Slide the lower Cobra exhaust on and use the bracket bolt to loosely hold it in place. Cover the exhaust with shop rags so it doesn't get scratched, slide the top exhaust in most of the way, pull the bracket bolt, then slide the exhaust in full and line everything up. Tighten things up and you're set.

(how did I post this twice??? well, it's Friday)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts