Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea how to remove stock exhaust mounting bracket for the fury fitted with ABS

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
ABS is different than US model. Same bracket, just have some abs stuff in the way. It is possible, but very difficult to take out in one piece. Several have cut In half to remove. From what I remember you move the front up and forward dropping rear and twisting hard and pull, but takes many tries and time. I think it had something to do with having a heavy person sit on the bike to remove. I will try to remember, give me some time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
ABS is different than US model. Same bracket, just have some abs stuff in the way. It is possible, but very difficult to take out in one piece. Several have cut In half to remove. From what I remember you move the front up and forward dropping rear and twisting hard and pull, but takes many tries and time. I think it had something to do with having a heavy person sit on the bike to remove. I will try to remember, give me some time.

I don't have the ABS model, but I did have to lower my spring tension and sit on my bike while my wife removed the support. I could not get it out on my own but it came out first try this way.

In the instructions to the RAW Reapers they show how to remove the support on an ABS bike. From memory, I think there are 2 bolts holding that ABS reservoir in the way. They can be seen from the bottom of the bike. RAW instructed to remove those 2 bolts to be able to move the reservoir, then remove the 2 bolts holding the bracket on and wiggle the bracket out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't have ABS but couldn't get my bracket out until I unbolted the finned thing that bolts on to the back of the engine right next to the bracket.... 2 bolts.

·
Registered
228 Posts
it helps if you get someone to sit on it and you will have to twist it out... that is how i removed mine with ABS.... be patient, it will come out...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for advice guys, Followed from Nuts351 another bike from OZ with abs worked like a treat out in 2 mins thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts