Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has a stock left mirror which they wouldn't ming giving away or selling cheap.

I crashed :( the fury last week and have decided to go fix it on my own way or just keep it the way it is. It seems that this is a great opportunity to do some modifications but also I have to keep the cost down.

Thanks,

Peter

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Anyone has a stock left mirror which they wouldn't ming giving away or selling cheap.

I crashed :( the fury last week and have decided to go fix it on my own way or just keep it the way it is. It seems that this is a great opportunity to do some modifications but also I have to keep the cost down.

Thanks,

Peter
Sucks man, I layed mine over at a gas station when some lady decided she wanted the pump I was headed for, fortunatley only ended up with a scratched left rear turn signal and left grip which I was replacing anyway. Hope your ok though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Thanks, I will go in order. :) I might ask for some other things as I will go through getting her to look good again.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Where are you located it would be cheaoer if u pick one up from a local. I've got 1 u can have too!!

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Sounds like a good time to upgrade those mirrors to something custom, think it's demoncycles.com is the one that I bought my mirrors from cheap, think they were like $35.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Sounds like a good time to upgrade those mirrors to something custom, think it's demoncycles.com is the one that I bought my mirrors from cheap, think they were like $35.
+1 on demon cycles, got my black powder coated ones from them, super quality, heavy as hell and dont vibrate any more than the stockers and i think i paid $49.00 shipped or somewhere right in that neighborhood.............................t

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with you and X_KIOWA_X. However I'm just tryingto get soem things taken care of. I have scratch on front fender, dent/scratch on tank, scratch on swing arm, scratch on head light and front left turn signal, bent left foot peg, missing end cap on left grip, rear left turn signal broken off, front left mirror scratched and mnounting bracket broken off.

There is actually a lot of damage. Local shop said $4-5K on repairs.

I realize this is a good time to modify and that is exactly what i'm doing. MFR is getting me T-light to get rid of rear turn signals. I'll move LP to the left side with Accutronix side mount and cut off the tail. However I'm not reporting this on insurance so I'm just trying to get her look decent.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I agree with you and X_KIOWA_X. However I'm just tryingto get soem things taken care of. I have scratch on front fender, dent/scratch on tank, scratch on swing arm, scratch on head light and front left turn signal, bent left foot peg, missing end cap on left grip, rear left turn signal broken off, front left mirror scratched and mnounting bracket broken off.

I realize this is a good time to modify and that is exactly what i'm doing. MFR is getting me T-light to get rid of rear turn signals. I'll move LP to the left side with Accutronix side mount and cut off the tail. However I'm not reporting this on insurance so I'm just trying to get her look decent.
I have a front left turn, foot peg (i think) just replaced my bent one. I need your rear turns on the exchange so don't worry about them. just need the wiring to the clip and I have a front mirror

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts

Damn that's quiet a few repairs you have to do there, don't mean to be nosy, but why not just pay your deductible and get it repaired? I'm sure that if you post what you need <if you are hurting for money and can't afford to buy stuff> that people will donate some stuff <and you just pay shipping>, so you might want to post what you can afford to purchase and what stock parts you would be needing so the great people of this forun can come together and get you back up and running as cheaply as possible, just an idea.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn that's quiet a few repairs you have to do there, don't mean to be nosy, but why not just pay your deductible and get it repaired? I'm sure that if you post what you need <if you are hurting for money and can't afford to buy stuff> that people will donate some stuff <and you just pay shipping>, so you might want to post what you can afford to purchase and what stock parts you would be needing so the great people of this forun can come together and get you back up and running as cheaply as possible, just an idea.
I'm afraid that my insurance would sky rocket and that over the years I would pay for these repairs anyway. Any experience with tthis one?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a front left turn, foot peg (i think) just replaced my bent one. I need your rear turns on the exchange so don't worry about them. just need the wiring to the clip and I have a front mirror
So I guess, I'll have the guys to hold off on shipping the mirror, if you are going to put one in with the T-light. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
So I guess, I'll have the guys to hold off on shipping the mirror, if you are going to put one in with the T-light. Thanks!
sounds good

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
I'm afraid that my insurance would sky rocket and that over the years I would pay for these repairs anyway. Any experience with tthis one?
No I sure don't have any experience with this, wish I could help, but what I would suggest is to call the insurance company and say "hypothetically" type of thing and see what they say, wouldn't give them my full information but just to call and ask can't hurt I wouldn't think. And I would say that your paying for those repairs anyways considering we pay all this money in insurance and don't use it, but I understand you don't want your insurance to go up, like I said figure out what you want to buy and replace on the bike and then put a post/thread up that asks for anything that you can't afford to fix/replace and see what people can help with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No I sure don't have any experience with this, wish I could help, but what I would suggest is to call the insurance company and say "hypothetically" type of thing and see what they say, wouldn't give them my full information but just to call and ask can't hurt I wouldn't think. And I would say that your paying for those repairs anyways considering we pay all this money in insurance and don't use it, but I understand you don't want your insurance to go up, like I said figure out what you want to buy and replace on the bike and then put a post/thread up that asks for anything that you can't afford to fix/replace and see what people can help with.

I did call and at fault accident would only add $168 to the policy per year. However I have $1K deductible. If I knew that I'll get check for difference I would file a claim. Tkae check fix everything but the tank myself, have tank fixed profesionally and use rest to pay down my Fury loan balance...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts