·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes! but how did you do it? With small words so I can understand. :D

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After seat removal, remove 5" of staples back from the tip. peel back foam and fabric. measure back 3" cut there, round edges to radius of a nickle. re-cut foam 1/4' longer then pan. re-cut fabric 1" longer then foam.

Using 1/4" staples and a good staple gun, start at center and with slight pull re-wrap fab and staple. adjusting pull as you work your way out.

Its not the easiest to wrap fab and not get a pucker. take your time be patient have plenty of staples and a pair pliers for re-pulling staples. took me an hour to get it 95% smooth edged

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
After seat removal, remove 5" of staples back from the tip. peel back foam and fabric. measure back 3" cut there, round edges to radius of a nickle. re-cut foam 1/4' longer then pan. re-cut fabric 1" longer then foam.

Using 1/4" staples and a good staple gun, start at center and with slight pull re-wrap fab and staple. adjusting pull as you work your way out.

Its not the easiest to wrap fab and not get a pucker. take your time be patient have plenty of staples and a pair pliers for re-pulling staples. took me an hour to get it 95% smooth edged
Great process-description, MFR. Well done.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
WOW great idea! I've always hated how the seat layed on top of the tank. Looked cheap like the bike was thrown together in a hurry.

Def gonna do mine now. :D

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Props! That makes the sweep of the bike flow. An A1+++ MOD! Can you post a close up of where they meet, side view, and a close up about 70 degrees from rear of seat? Could this also be done on a C&C? :cool:

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
That looks really good! I love how you guys come up with these mods that only take time but not money! Great job!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Done and here is pictures. I didn't do it quite the same, but it will work till I get the whole seat redone with more padding.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looking good!!!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Good job MFR!
After I got my C&C I wondered why Honda covered the tank so much.
The C&C seat exposed about 2 or 3 more inches of the tank.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hell, might as well throw it out there, If anyone is nervous about cutting the seat and doing this, and you really want to have it done. I will do this for you for $50.00 you pay shipping both ways takes about 2 hrs, should be able to ship right back same day or next. I spoke with an upholstery guy I know and he said he would charge about 100.00 you R&R. drop me a pm if interested.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
MyFuryRide and MrFurious

After having this done now for a little while, are there any issues with having this done? After sitting on my bike and looking at the part to be cut off it looks like there will be little seat left between you and the tank. Just curious before I go to cutting this weekend:D

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After having this done now for a little while, are there any issues with having this done? After sitting on my bike and looking at the part to be cut off it looks like there will be little seat left between you and the tank. Just curious before I go to cutting this weekend:D
I am still liking what i have done, when you sit, mine seams to open the gap a lil more from the tank. But next time seat is off I am going to add a lil more pad there to keep it close. although after my MFR-mod i am going to also bring the tank back 1/4' for more tree clearance

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I am still liking what i have done, when you sit, mine seams to open the gap a lil more from the tank. But next time seat is off I am going to add a lil more pad there to keep it close. although after my MFR-mod i am going to also bring the tank back 1/4' for more tree clearance
Thanks for the reply! Hopefully I can get it done this weekend and I'll post pics on how it turns out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts