Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright crew, I'm in an inner debate with myself on if I need to take on any more projects, especially just out of wrist surgery.

I can't deal with my POS seat any more, but I really do love the lines of the OEM saddle. I've entertained buying a new seat, having my stock one redone, or just grabbing the bull by the horns and taking a crack at modifying mine.

It seems to be pretty straight-forward, but I don't want to be sidelined by the project if I run into issues, so I'm looking to source out someone's stock Fury seat that's been collecting dust and banished to the dark corners of the garage to eventually rot in hell.

Just wanted to put a feeler out if there'd be anyone looking to cleanse their life of this atrocity...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Alright crew, I'm in an inner debate with myself on if I need to take on any more projects, especially just out of wrist surgery.

I can't deal with my POS seat any more, but I really do love the lines of the OEM saddle. I've entertained buying a new seat, having my stock one redone, or just grabbing the bull by the horns and taking a crack at modifying mine.

It seems to be pretty straight-forward, but I don't want to be sidelined by the project if I run into issues, so I'm looking to source out someone's stock Fury seat that's been collecting dust and banished to the dark corners of the garage to eventually rot in hell.

Just wanted to put a feeler out if there'd be anyone looking to cleanse their life of this atrocity...

Thanks guys!
Cut the bottom of your seat pan... it makes a world of difference...

I would post pics but I lost a bunch of pics when my SD card got corrupted in my phone. I've posted pics on here before and @paul13131313 can probably post some pics for you as I believe he followed my lead.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cut the bottom of your seat pan... it makes a world of difference...

I would post pics but I lost a bunch of pics when my SD card got corrupted in my phone. I've posted pics on here before and @paul13131313 can probably post some pics for you as I believe he followed my lead.
Yeah I saw the thread where he posted that picture for you. I thought about going this route but did you have any interference with sinking down on top of your air can down there? I had to cut a notch out of the pan already for the forward (upper) end of the cylinder .

Kinda thinking I want to do the seat work the hard way though, very interested on learning the trade and see how it goes..

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Yeah I saw the thread where he posted that picture for you. I thought about going this route but did you have any interference with sinking down on top of your air can down there? I had to cut a notch out of the pan already for the forward (upper) end of the cylinder .

Kinda thinking I want to do the seat work the hard way though, very interested on learning the trade and see how it goes..
I only cut the rear portion of my seat pan, to alleviate the sore tailbone issue, so I had no issues with shock/spring/air ride cylinder interference.

***EDIT***

I found an old thread with my pic...

You can see where the cut stops which allows the seat pan to still cover the spring area.

Also as a side note...

It's a shame that I had to buy a new phone and upgrade to android 9.0 just to be able to upload pics again because the @Administrator s and "tech" guys couldn't figure out how to make the forum function with 7.0

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thanks guys!
Hey, I just placed my order with chuck at C&C yesterday so once I receive my new seat I will be looking to part with my stock seat I just bought the bike new in feb. and to date only have 300 miles on it so its basically brand new not sure what you're willing to pay but if you're willing to wait a few weeks id sell it to you

-Scott

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
@krashDH … You can have mine. Come and get it! I'm just north of Portland, Maine. Turn left when you get to Yarmouth. I'll be on the deck watching for you. :winetime:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@krashDH … You can have mine. Come and get it! I'm just north of Portland, Maine. Turn left when you get to Yarmouth. I'll be on the deck watching for you. :winetime:
I saw Portland and got excited. Then Maine. Although a beautiful place (my mum is from there), don't reckon I'll be doing a cross country trip.

Shipping and beer?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, I just placed my order with chuck at C&C yesterday so once I receive my new seat I will be looking to part with my stock seat I just bought the bike new in feb. and to date only have 300 miles on it so its basically brand new not sure what you're willing to pay but if you're willing to wait a few weeks id sell it to you

-Scott
Thanks for the offer but to be honest with you, you'll likely not get any money for your stock seat, at least on this forum. You bought an aftermarket seat for the same reason others have here, because the stock one absolutely sucks for most.

If you're looking for the best chances to recoup your money for your seat, it would be something like Ebay.

Being blunt, I'm really not willing to pay more than shipping and beer for a stock seat FWIW. Anything more than that, and a retrofit done to an OEM seat (when considering buying foam, gel, adhesive, a couple specialty tools and my time, etc) starts creeping up on what I would be paying to send it out to a company that modifies seats as a business.

GLWS!

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I saw Portland and got excited. Then Maine. Although a beautiful place (my mum is from there), don't reckon I'll be doing a cross country trip.

Shipping and beer?
How much beer are we talkin' ? :wink::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I only cut the rear portion of my seat pan, to alleviate the sore tailbone issue, so I had no issues with shock/spring/air ride cylinder interference.

***EDIT***

I found an old thread with my pic...

You can see where the cut stops which allows the seat pan to still cover the spring area.

Also as a side note...

It's a shame that I had to buy a new phone and upgrade to android 9.0 just to be able to upload pics again because the @Administrator s and "tech" guys couldn't figure out how to make the forum function with 7.0
That's an interesting mod; I missed this somehow. So how long did you ride with it like that until your fiasco?

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
That's an interesting mod; I missed this somehow. So how long did you ride with it like that until your fiasco?
Quite a while... and yes up until the accident.

It made the stock seat actually comfortable for me. Prior to cutting the seat pan I couldn't ride more than 25-30 miles before the seat was hurting my tailbone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the offer but to be honest with you, you'll likely not get any money for your stock seat, at least on this forum. You bought an aftermarket seat for the same reason others have here, because the stock one absolutely sucks for most.

If you're looking for the best chances to recoup your money for your seat, it would be something like Ebay.

Being blunt, I'm really not willing to pay more than shipping and beer for a stock seat FWIW. Anything more than that, and a retrofit done to an OEM seat (when considering buying foam, gel, adhesive, a couple specialty tools and my time, etc) starts creeping up on what I would be paying to send it out to a company that modifies seats as a business.

GLWS!
Hey man, you asked and I offered... you're kinda coming at me like I was trying to rake you over the coals for a seat... had you said hey I'm only willing to pay for the shipping I would have happily shipped it to you... That's why I said "idk what youre willing to pay" idc about making money on this stuff (if I did I wouldn't have purchased a motorcycle? right? duh) but instead I get a lecture on why I got a new seat, where to go to get the best chance of a profit, and how to justify adding up expenses to go diy or source the work... like damn dude I may have been born at night but I wasn't born yesterday:serious: by the way whats an EBAY? :confuzed: and you guys wonder why people don't stick around here.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Hey man, you asked and I offered... you're kinda coming at me like I was trying to rake you over the coals for a seat... had you said hey I'm only willing to pay for the shipping I would have happily shipped it to you... That's why I said "idk what youre willing to pay" idc about making money on this stuff (if I did I wouldn't have purchased a motorcycle? right? duh) but instead I get a lecture on why I got a new seat, where to go to get the best chance of a profit, and how to justify adding up expenses to go diy or source the work... like damn dude I may have been born at night but I wasn't born yesterday:serious: by the way whats an EBAY? :confuzed: and you guys wonder why people don't stick around here.
??? … and we're happy to see some people stop coming around... :grin:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

Hey, welcome. @krashDH was straight with you and put it quite nicely. If this were a H-D forum figure a dozen guys would have jumped on you rather crudely, but we don't do that here--instead we try to help fellow members out. We send each other stuff, sometimes we ask for the cost of shipping (not packaging and boxing and such, just shipping), sometimes we could use a few funds ourselves, sometimes stuff just shows up on our doorstep and we're surprised to get "stuff"--then we do the same for other members that could use a hand.

There's so many great people here--and there used to be even more before the forum got uprooted and tossed in "the cloud." Sure, there's a grumpy @Goat and a prickly Hedgehog, though even they'll help you out in a pinch.

Then there's the members with fab skills who enjoy making one-off stuff--talk about people who deserve respect--real art, generally for the cost of materials and helping support equipment they bought to do the work. Life is so much more rewarding when you have a custom part reflecting a friendship and the stories behind it (or a bunch of parts and a load of friends!).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Easy bud, hold onto the reins so you don't fall off the steed.

First off, take a deep breath, and go re-read my original post. Here I'll help so you don't have to scroll:

Originally posted by @krashDH

GLWS!
You offered to sell me your seat. I figured you were newer around the forum, so instead of telling you to go use the search button to figure out why your seat won't sell, I decided to kindly inform you in the first paragraph of my post why it won't sell around here on this forum likely. See green

To your first EBAY comment up there in red, since you were interested in selling the seat (which usually comes with a profit or recouping money), I just informed you that many members, including myself, have sold stock parts on EBAY where on here they wouldn't bring any money, if that's what you're looking to do. See my comment in blue for reference. I've always offered up stock parts here before I consider doing that, as a lot of other gracious members have done as well.

To your second comment up there in red

You think I was lecturing you on DIY costs, re read the paragraph in purple. Key words being "my time" and "...what I would be paying". I was simply informing about my ROI on a project like this. Your time and money might be worth something different. At no point did I tell you how to calculate an ROI. If you want I could lay that out though.

Plus, I added a GLWS! That's a positive, uplifting comment.

Lots of people stick around here. This is a great community and you can learn a ton here if you're open to it. I came to this forum prior to buying my bike, which my knowledge about it was limited to "it looks phenomenal" and it "has an engine that won't quit". I've learned a ton about my bike and done a lot of mods along the way thanks to those before me.

I hope my colorful post cleared some things up for you, and welcome to the Nation!:kiss:

·
Registered
12,116 Posts

Hey, welcome. @krashDH was straight with you and put it quite nicely. If this were a H-D forum figure a dozen guys would have jumped on you rather crudely, but we don't do that here--instead we try to help fellow members out. We send each other stuff, sometimes we ask for the cost of shipping (not packaging and boxing and such, just shipping), sometimes we could use a few funds ourselves, sometimes stuff just shows up on our doorstep and we're surprised to get "stuff"--then we do the same for other members that could use a hand.

There's so many great people here--and there used to be even more before the forum got uprooted and tossed in "the cloud." Sure, there's a grumpy @Goat and a prickly Hedgehog, though even they'll help you out in a pinch.

Then there's the members with fab skills who enjoy making one-off stuff--talk about people who deserve respect--real art, generally for the cost of materials and helping support equipment they bought to do the work. Life is so much more rewarding when you have a custom part reflecting a friendship and the stories behind it (or a bunch of parts and a load of friends!).
I still really appreciate good ol' @Kbuskill sending me his stock shock, since my fat ass must've busted my original. All he asked for was shipping and while I gave him a few dollars more than that, it was but a fraction of what those damn things cost. I can't remember but I think it was around $500 to $800 for a new one. Bike sure rides a lot nicer when there's fluid in the shock. I was bouncing around all over the road with my leaky shock.

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Easy bud, hold onto the reins so you don't fall off the steed.

First off, take a deep breath, and go re-read my original post. Here I'll help so you don't have to scroll:

Originally posted by @krashDH

You offered to sell me your seat. I figured you were newer around the forum, so instead of telling you to go use the search button to figure out why your seat won't sell, I decided to kindly inform you in the first paragraph of my post why it won't sell around here on this forum likely. See green

To your first EBAY comment up there in red, since you were interested in selling the seat (which usually comes with a profit or recouping money), I just informed you that many members, including myself, have sold stock parts on EBAY where on here they wouldn't bring any money, if that's what you're looking to do. See my comment in blue for reference. I've always offered up stock parts here before I consider doing that, as a lot of other gracious members have done as well.

To your second comment up there in red

You think I was lecturing you on DIY costs, re read the paragraph in purple. Key words being "my time" and "...what I would be paying". I was simply informing about my ROI on a project like this. Your time and money might be worth something different. At no point did I tell you how to calculate an ROI. If you want I could lay that out though.

Plus, I added a GLWS! That's a positive, uplifting comment.

Lots of people stick around here. This is a great community and you can learn a ton here if you're open to it. I came to this forum prior to buying my bike, which my knowledge about it was limited to "it looks phenomenal" and it "has an engine that won't quit". I've learned a ton about my bike and done a lot of mods along the way thanks to those before me.

I hope my colorful post cleared some things up for you, and welcome to the Nation!:kiss:
Man, why do you have to be such a dick? Stop picking on the new guys, you bastard. I'm fuckin' outta' here. I'm not sticking around here with assholes like you. LOL

Actually, I thought you were being pretty darn nice in your other post.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man, why do you have to be such a dick? Stop picking on the new guys, you bastard. I'm fuckin' outta' here. I'm not sticking around here with assholes like you. LOL

Actually, I thought you were being pretty darn nice in your other post.
Haha I guess it's just how I come across...
Thought so too. Guess some people's feelers are more sensitive than others

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Haha I guess it's just how I come across...
Thought so too. Guess some people's feelers are more sensitive than others
Eh, somebody with single digit posts gettin' all bristled up with an established member......whatta' ya' gonna' do?

A few years ago I became a new member on another forums site and some guy, who actually was being a dick, started some shit with me. I, being a brand new member, knew better than to come back at him. I calmly stated that he must've took my post wrong and apologized for any misunderstanding. He came back with a more positive response and other members even showed their appreciation for seeing how we diffused what could've been a keyboard combatant war and that site was full of rude fuckers with shitty attitudes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts