Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soooooo tired of I want to go faster than 100 mph, I want to rev to 10,000 rpm in first gear, waaa, waaaa, waaaa go buy a different bike !!:mad:!! You would think that anybody who know's anything about bike's at all would know that a Chopper is for cruzin. Trade it in for a crotch rocket !! Now about that new foot peg we were talking about :rolleyes:

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Soooooo tired of I want to go faster than 100 mph, I want to rev to 10,000 rpm in first gear, waaa, waaaa, waaaa Shut the f up and go buy a different bike !!:mad:!! You would think that anybody who know's anything about bike's at all would know that a Chopper is for cruzin. If you are so stupid to not know that, You have have no buss. being on a motorcycle at all !!! Trade it in for a crotch rocket or shut up !! Now about that new foot peg we were talking about :rolleyes:
I agree, that is why I bought a cruizer. I did take her to 100 just to see top speed, was a little disappointed but still, its not my thang!!!!

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Lol.... when me and CBFury are going down the highway at 100 mph, we often play motorcycle yo-yo, go up to 100 and it pulls you back down to 95? or so... then back up to 100... kind of fun the first few times, then slow down again for the next 20 miles then do it again it seems... :rolleyes:

· Super Moderator
6,843 Posts
I kinda agree with you. I'm not all that interested in going even 160 KPH (100 MPH). First there is no road in Australia where you could do that kind of speed with any degree of safety and if you came off at that sort of speed you'd be dead. I for one want to see my grand kids, and they are going to be a long time coming.

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Soooooo tired of I want to go faster than 100 mph, I want to rev to 10,000 rpm in first gear, waaa, waaaa, waaaa Shut the f up and go buy a different bike !!:mad:!! You would think that anybody who know's anything about bike's at all would know that a Chopper is for cruzin. If you are so s_up_d to not know that, You have have no buss. being on a bike at all !!! Trade it in for a crotch rocket or shut up !! Now about that new foot peg we were talking about :rolleyes:
Totally agree!!!!!!!!

· Registered
374 Posts
i dont know about yall, but if im doing 65, im getting tossed around just enough to make me not want to go 100.

Agreed. I am getting too old to feel like fighting the wind trying to pretend I am some kind of "speed racer" on two wheels.

If you wanna go fast, get one of these:

· Registered
95 Posts
Motorcycles are like shoes. You can play basketball in hip waders but that might not be the best choice. There are better and less expensive bikes for "go fast". I get more actual use and pleasure out of my Fury than I ever did with "go fast" bikes. For me the hard part was determining the sort of riding I actually have the opportunity to do rather than the sort of riding I day-dreamed about.

· Registered
276 Posts
I've had about 8 crotch rockets, from a 00 ninja zx 12 r to a 08 Hayabusa.. Both bikes were suppose to go 190- 200 mph... Never got them past 130 or so... The only place your heading going that fast is dead, in jail, or without a licence... Have seen so many hot shots hit the pavement hard and it don't look fun... Plus those crotch rockets are uncomfortable as hell.... Been riding for 20 years and just recently have I learned how much I really love riding and how there's nothing like sitting back on my fury and cruising, at 60, 70 etc.. It's the greatest... Have a great day fellows

· Registered
132 Posts
But has anyone noticed that the people that are asking about how to make the bike go faster have less then 10 posts and are never heard from again after a couple of weeks? They come in here, ask the question, get the same answer, then go away. They don't even take the time to search anything. So complaining about these people complaining has the same effect from a different perspective. I'm tired of people asking the question and people complaining about people asking the question. There are bikers who only want to go fast and look good while standing still. The Fury only looks good, it doesn't go fast. So as soon as everyone comes to the realization we will have people asking about going faster and people complaining about the people who ask about going faster.

· Registered
192 Posts
Soooooo tired of I want to go faster than 100 mph, I want to rev to 10,000 rpm in first gear, waaa, waaaa, waaaa Shut the f up and go buy a different bike !!:mad:!! You would think that anybody who know's anything about bike's at all would know that a Chopper is for cruzin. Trade it in for a crotch rocket !! Now about that new foot peg we were talking about :rolleyes:
I understand you complaining and ranting about people complaining that they want to go faster, but thats just part of it. Everyone knows the engine is more than capable of going well over 100mph and some people would like to know what steps to go about to get this engines full capability. Sure someone could buy a different bike, but why not be able to go faster on the fury if capable. Sure its a cruiser, but what is wrong with wanting to cruise faster than 100mph every once in a while?!?! I know a few guys with custom choppers that cruise well over 100mph and i can understand why some fury owners would want to know if there are ways to get around the 100mph barrier the fury has... Too each his own i guess

· Super Moderator
6,843 Posts
I get more actual use and pleasure out of my Fury than I ever did with "go fast" bikes. For me the hard part was determining the sort of riding I actually have the opportunity to do rather than the sort of riding I day-dreamed about.
100% correct Baysidebob. The Fury ticks all the boxes when you make a list of the riding that you will actually do. I ride my Fury more than any bike I have ever owned, it just does everything well.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
I hate the fact that there are restrictions on certain things though. My philosophy is you own the vehicle so you should be able to do what you want when you want, just that you need to know the consequences. I was like a kid in a candy shop when i got my programmer for my truck and could actually tune it, remove the 95mph governer, change the gearing in the rear properly, pull my emmissions controls and adjust my transmission controls.

I even think you should be able to pull emmissions controls freely since some states don't have emmisions regulations for track vehicles and why back date a system by going full mechanical rather then keep the accuracy the full electronic controls have.

Reguardless though this topic, Exhaust, Intakes, and seats will come up often since they are the "weaker" points of the bike. Forward controls will always come up a decent amount too.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
I second that motion.....posted speed limit works just fine :)
I couldnt agree with you more,,,for those that choose to ride above whats posted,,enjoy,,ill be in the rear with the gear enjoying the ride. Cant enjoy life and whats out there in fast foward so Ill take it low and slow,,,thats what she said too,,,lmao if it says 65,,im probably doing 60,,,Ill let traffic get in front of me,,:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.