Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking around at swingarm bags, etc. and haven't really found a suitable idea. A co-worker mentioned that his dad mounted ammo cans on his bike. So I checked into it and I kinda like it. It's metal, weather proof, lockable, and can be painted. So I'm seeing if anyone else has done this to get some ideas on mounting and location.

·
Registered
415 Posts
So I've been looking around at swingarm bags, etc. and haven't really found a suitable idea. A co-worker mentioned that his dad mounted ammo cans on his bike. So I checked into it and I kinda like it. It's metal, weather proof, lockable, and can be painted. So I'm seeing if anyone else has done this to get some ideas on mounting and location.
I was able to make significant storage space without losing the chopper look.
Bought a Memphis Shades windscreen and zip tied in a neoprene laptop computer case between the shield and speedometer. For gloves, cellphone, tire gauge, glasses, books, newspaper, extra clothing. Very versatile.
On the back seat I mounted large tool bag and small bicycle pack and zip tied to passenger seat and strap.
I think a quality windscreen with good mount and fit is a good investment if you want to do long rides and reduce fatigue from fighting winds.
Plenty more pictures if you go to my albums.

Screenshot_20200211-210802_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-211045_Gallery.jpg

20200211_211115.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's a helluva idea Rick. I'd be interested in the final look. Personally I just strapped a tool bag to the forks for infrequently accessed items and a larger bag on the back strapped to the sissy bar/luggage rack. I have an even larger bag for long/overnight trips.

20191224_130844.jpg
o
20191224_130824.jpg
20191224_130902.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@FuryInAlpine: I like your idea. But the main thing I'm thinking of is a place for rain gear, some tools, phone, etc. Conventional saddlebags are nice, but all it takes is some asshole with a pocket knife to bypass any means of a lock on them.
I've been image searching the concept and have more and more ideas now. Basically, I can cut and weld the box itself to fit wherever I want it. And if you look on Amazon they're brand new and cheap. I made templates of the different sizes (30 cal, 50 cal, & 40 cal) to have a visual reference on the bike. Will update y'all as I venture further down this rabbit hole. Here are pics of the templates and some of the ideas:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@WI_Hedgehog you're right. But to me the bagger style hardbags don't look right either. I've had a bag that someone cut open a long time ago, it's why I can't go back to one. The box shape doesn't match the bike at all, but it is metal. With that thought in mind, there are many possibilities to run with. Modifying the top with a curve is the idea I've been sketching out today, along with a sturdy set of brackets. Also have a great idea for the locking system.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Mutazu have a range of low cost universal hard bags starting from $99 a pair. The LN at $99 or the MU at $247 would look best on a Fury. Check them out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's a helluva idea Rick. I'd be interested in the final look. Personally I just strapped a tool bag to the forks for infrequently accessed items and a larger bag on the back strapped to the sissy bar/luggage rack. I have an even larger bag for long/overnight trips.

View attachment 235860 o View attachment 235861 View attachment 235862

View attachment 235860 o View attachment 235861 View attachment 235862
hey what kind of risers are those???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Risers were off Amazon:
HTTMT MT030-017-25- Black 25mm Bar Diameter Handlebar Risers Compatible with 1" Handlebars on Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki Ducati Harley Cruisers with detachable Bar mounts V-star Road Star Shadow Amazon.com: HTTMT MT030-017-25- Black 25mm Bar Diameter Handlebar Risers Compatible with 1" Handlebars on Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki Ducati Harley Cruisers with detachable Bar mounts V-star Road Star Shadow: Automotive

Handlebars were from FMB Choppers also off Amazon:
12" BLAZED CUSTOM APE HANGER HANDLEBARS FOR HONDA FURY Amazon.com: 12" BLAZED CUSTOM APE HANGER HANDLEBARS FOR HONDA FURY: Automotive

·
Registered
155 Posts
Risers were off Amazon:
HTTMT MT030-017-25- Black 25mm Bar Diameter Handlebar Risers Compatible with 1" Handlebars on Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki Ducati Harley Cruisers with detachable Bar mounts V-star Road Star Shadow Amazon.com: HTTMT MT030-017-25- Black 25mm Bar Diameter Handlebar Risers Compatible with 1" Handlebars on Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki Ducati Harley Cruisers with detachable Bar mounts V-star Road Star Shadow: Automotive

12" BLAZED CUSTOM APE HANGER HANDLEBARS FOR HONDA FURY Amazon.com: 12" BLAZED CUSTOM APE HANGER HANDLEBARS FOR HONDA FURY: Automotive
brother i can not thank you enough! they look like builtwell, very nice.. have had new handlebars and everything else for over a month... thank you again!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Risers were off Amazon:

thanks again just ordered them... will let you know how i turns out...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Risers were off Amazon:

I have the same bars but my risers are wider and and go past the knurling on the bars so the bars slip if i pull too hard. I was able to fix it for the most part but have you had any problems like that with your risers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Only at first because they weren't quite cranked down hard enough. Boy was that fun to experience me at 75 mph!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts