Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost, Eric Waters does some sick-ass work! I'm not sure I could be more pleased.

So, here is the Gator Fury all buttoned up ... for now. I will take more pix when the 2-up gator-skinned seat shows up. And, even more in a week or two when I get my chromed lowers (forks) installed.

But for now, these pictures say it all!
And, by the way, photos don't do the paint justice compared to in-person.

All 14 of the photos I've uploaded are here:
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/members/1660-stpeteapb-albums605-gator-paint-easy-e.html

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
VERY VERY nice!!!! Gorgeous bike!:D:cool:

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Very nice Allen. Good concept and good execution. Eric really does great work

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited it came together. I especially love that I still have a lot of the original blue that Honda just really did an incredible job coming up with in the first place.

Loner: I have orange LEDs from Custom Dynamics. Just need to fix a ground short under the front fender and I'll post photos. GO GATORS!

Anyone thinking of doing paintwork to their bike, here is a point to keep in mind:

KNOW what YOU want and stick to it. You may have a vision in your head, just stick to it and be patient (this coming from a guy with very little patience :rolleyes:).

You will need to find an artist who will help you get what you want. That means someone who will tell you they can or cannot do the job, firstly. Then, that artist needs to be able to extract out of your head and dialogue your concept onto paper, then paint.

When I first asked for this from Jim (Painter), he told me straight up that he could not do a gator skin effect - it was not his expertise and he didn't want to mess up the bike with something cartoonish looking. THAT SCORES HUGE POINTS for honesty & integrity when someone turns away work because they just don't feel comfortable they can carry out the request.

As for Eric Waters ... he's a very confident guy - and I know this from my experiences long ago in my field - that can come off as cockey. But, when you're good, you're good. And, he was very matter-of-fact "I can do this for you."

I was worried - operative word: was. Even after we finalized the design over email ... could he really pull off a gator skin effect when so many others have said they cannot (I talked to other local designers in the past) nor could I find ONE gator skin paint on the Internet??!!

Well, he did. And, the more I look at the bike in front of me, the more I'm blown away by his work.

BTW, not sure if I said this already, but if I ever stop riding, this bike will NOT be sold ... it will be parked in the house as another art piece alongside my others.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts