Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got strip lights or other decorative lights under the tank?
while riding home the other night i noticed how dark this bike looked as it passed me.

i do not want to be a ghost in the night on I-95.

purchase recommendations welcomed as well as tips on installation.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yep orange ones every where except under the front fender. I bought the ones called roachez. I think that is how you spell it:D

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Got Joe Florida setup. 96 LED strip light kit with 7 function remote, light strips around bottom of frame and under tank.. Have to watch color here in IL.:eek:

Takes 2 hours to wire it up and hide stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Skap.

I have two pairs of pods that run $25/pair from Cycle Gear.

Under the tank and on the neck facing inward, I have the clear/white pods to illuminate the chrome ... and it does that quite well.

In the rear fender facing downward on each side of the wheel I have the rotating-colors pods (green, blue, red), which doesn't do to bad, either.

If you need, I can take a few photos and upload them.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Skap.

I have two pairs of pods that run $25/pair from Cycle Gear.

Under the tank and on the neck facing inward, I have the clear/white pods to illuminate the chrome ... and it does that quite well.

In the rear fender facing downward on each side of the wheel I have the rotating-colors pods (green, blue, red), which doesn't do to bad, either.

If you need, I can take a few photos and upload them.
pix would be great--no rush--

i appreciate it.
self-install?

oops, mornin StPete

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I have the Kury starter kit and mounted all four under the tank. If I had it to do all over, I would probably go with Bikes2NV’s “Super Bright” LED Lights. He doesn’t just use solid color lights. He had strips that were blue and white and it made a world of difference. If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, I have heard good reports about joeflorida.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
pix would be great--no rush--

i appreciate it.
self-install?

oops, mornin StPete
Mornin' Skapparoodeedoo :p

Yep, self install. Tape on the white LEDs, Tape & Narrow Zip Ties on color LEDs.

I removed the rear fender to place the rear LEDs and zip-tied them since they're hidden from view.

Got these in white, but other colors are available.
Got these in multi, since static blue may get you pulled over by Johnny Law.

Will try to snap photos tonight when it's dark. I'll put the camera on a tri-pod and upload a small movie so you can see the color rotation on the rear wheel.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Yep I have blue LEDS on mine. I used two 20 piece Joe Florida kits, they're VERY EASY to wire up. I didn't think I got enough illumination on the heads though so I got two blue LEDS strips and put them around the V of my stock air cleaner and around the v of the ignition. It lights up good! I don't have any pics anymore I stupidly reformatted my computer and backed up everything but my photos. Stupid. But it is really easy to do and makes the bike look really nice.

·
Registered
227 Posts
White 8" strip under both sides of the fuel tank & 2" strip on frame under the motor , switch is located on the top of the rad cap /ignition cover in the black part of the cover . Priced at about $55 & a couple of beers:D
No tracking number needed picked up at Wal Mart:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I can tell you did a good job, but the video is not going to do you justice. Maybe a lighter backdrop.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Obviously this is NOT an HD/Blu-Ray video and in-person does it much more justice. But, as promised, here are the vids.

http://www.jazznsax.com/HondaFury/headlights_on.mp4

http://www.jazznsax.com/HondaFury/headlights_off.mp4
Thanks StPete...and to all you guys who took the time to offer suggestions, Thanks!
I'll be pondering, for sure.
i want that engine lit up so i'll be scoping out the forum for previous posts as well as the good old "information super highway" LoL

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
joe florida gets my vote. I have the multi-color with the controller............amazing.:cool::D

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just ordered a set from Ledglow lighting LLC...

·
Registered
893 Posts
anyone got strip lights or other decorative lights under the tank?
while riding home the other night i noticed how dark this bike looked as it passed me.

i do not want to be a ghost in the night on I-95.

purchase recommendations welcomed as well as tips on installation.
I have photos and video of LEDs on my fury on my personal blog link below. More than happy to offer tips on the right kit as well as installation. Mine are remote controlled and always draw a crowd!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts