Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new C&C seat arrived today, and I popped my old seat off, flipped it over, grabbed my trusty 5mm allen wrench, and proceeded to strip both button head bolts! Those suckers were not wanting to budge.

So now I'm stuck trying to find a way to remove them... Tried vice grips on the head of the bolt, can't get a good grip. Next step is to stop at the hardware store and get couple spare allen wrenches that I don't mind JB-welding to the bolts, and a couple new bolts.

Any suggestions, and what is the size/thread on these button heads so I can replace them?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Is the rear bolt the same? The one that holds the back seat on?
Could take that to the store with you if it is?

·
Banned
622 Posts
My new C&C seat arrived today, and I popped my old seat off, flipped it over, grabbed my trusty 5mm allen wrench, and proceeded to strip both button head bolts! Those suckers were not wanting to budge.

So now I'm stuck trying to find a way to remove them... Tried vice grips on the head of the bolt, can't get a good grip. Next step is to stop at the hardware store and get couple spare allen wrenches that I don't mind JB-welding to the bolts, and a couple new bolts.

Any suggestions, and what is the size/thread on these button heads so I can replace them?
if it helps i had a good allen and it strip'd them there in so tight that all i could do was take my grinder put a deep line through it and use a flat head to remove them not so deep it cuts all way through just enough to use a large headed flat head screw driver

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check the passenger seat buttonheads, good point. I haven't had the passenger seat on in months, hopefully they're still around. :)

Sick, I was thinking about that, using a dremel to cut a flat blade groove for a screwdriver... Think I'll try that, thanks!

·
Banned
622 Posts
I'll have to check the passenger seat buttonheads, good point. I haven't had the passenger seat on in months, hopefully they're still around. :)

Sick, I was thinking about that, using a dremel to cut a flat blade groove for a screwdriver... Think I'll try that, thanks!
no prob man .....been there and i believe the bolts are the same there just different in the strength value....the black are stronger than the aluminum

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I had the same problem with the tail frame assembly. I used a dremil tool to cut the head flat on two sides to make it a 12 mm width and used a wrench. you can get better leverage on it that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts