Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last Wednesday I finally took delivery of my new Fury:D I spent the next two hours removing every decal,sticker, badge and reflector. The only thing I didn't remove was the VIN number decal. Is this something I should leave on?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I took mine off on every bike I have owned ... the VIN is already stamped on the neck of the frame . So no need for stickers ...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Since the weaterman up here in N.E. Michigan just issued a winter storm watch for the next two days, I'll have lots of time to work on it.........

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I took mine off on every bike I have owned ... the VIN is already stamped on the neck of the frame . So no need for stickers ...
I think the motor also has the vin stamped on it.:cool:

The trend is to debadge and no reflectors admitted.:p Rich is the reflector police

·
Registered
724 Posts
Those VIN stickers are pain in the arse to get off. Took me about 30 minutes to get mine off with my finger nail and goo gone. I was afraid that I would scratch the paint with anything else.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I think the motor also has the vin stamped on it.:cool:

The trend is to debadge and no reflectors admitted.:p Rich is the reflector police
I haven't really looked at the motor besides painting it ! Lol... but i think the motor is stamped with a serial number and the manufacturer can match it up to the VIN for obvious reasons .

·
Registered
835 Posts
Had to remove that ugly vin sticker too. Since it is on the frame, didn't see a point of the sticker.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
, the vote is in......the VIN decal is comming off today!! Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
THink a heat gun set on low would hurt the paint?

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
THink a heat gun set on low would hurt the paint?
I used a heat gun, doesn't take long to heat up enough to get it to come off, but with the VIN sticker, It comes off in small pieces, just go slow and don't hold the gun in one place too long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts