Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Where can I some rear fender Strutts for my fury, and how much do they run$$$.... Thanks Terry...
You may need to make em yourself

Kurt only sold them as a function strut for the fat sumo fender kits you chop out some of the OEM cross pieces so his fender sit lower in the rear..

Good luck if you find some let us all know!

I thought of stick on type for the rear maybe Smiley or MFR can take on this one they are good fab guys along with 100's more out there...chrome, sickle shape from the frame out to the rear fender middle to a point What ever:p

·
Registered
228 Posts
Check with Sumo they are the only ones i know that have them.
not being nasty however i did contact sumo several times regarding their rear fender kit as i was only interested in the struts and rear fender and have had no response..... even a "sorry but we dont ship to Australia", would have been sufficient???? :confused:

·
Registered
196 Posts
not being nasty however i did contact sumo several times regarding their rear fender kit as i was only interested in the struts and rear fender and have had no response..... even a "sorry but we dont ship to Australia", would have been sufficient???? :confused:
Really? When? Several times? you must have an old e-mail or something 'cause I am here all the time, just a phone call away.
[email protected]

The reason we don't sell the struts separate is because I designed this fender kit to work together. I had sold a set of struts (vtx) a long time ago to a customer who seemed like he would be a really good fabricator, then I saw the bike, first thing people thought is that we had a new fender out, with huge gaps and a crappy fit.

Every now and then someone wants a steel fender, now I can argue both sides all day long, steel may be stronger, maybe not, This all depends on both the steel fender and the glass fender, We have never had strength issues with our product, and it never gets rusty.

As far as shipping to Australia, sure we do, it's not that we don't ship there, it’s the crazy cost. That is definitely the issue with selling to Australia, nothing else.
I have no problem with the folks down under at all, in fact I would love to go there sometime. (it's on the bucket list).

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
If someone plans on cutting out the fender frame and using struts with the stock fender you should know that it will NEVER hold a passenger. SUMO fender with struts will hold a passenger, NO PROBLEM!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
If someone plans on cutting out the fender frame and using struts with the stock fender you should know that it will NEVER hold a passenger. SUMO fender with struts will hold a passenger, NO PROBLEM!
I think they (Terry) is just wanting to use it for bags... maybe for looks, so it would just be secured to the side of the fender and would not need any cutting to the frame.

Just a reminder to Terry, we are humans, not computers... so we think of many possible answers, sometimes explaining why you would want to use the struts, would help us give you the best answer for your problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts