Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,018 Posts
It should work okay. The Smart Turn System seems to deactivate the signal under two conditions:
a.) Sharp turn transitions (not sweeping curves).
b.) Gear shifts.

On a factory-chopper like the Fury it will probably take a while to turn off the indicator since turns are usually taken more calmly and the engine vibration can make it harder for the system's accelerators to figure out what's happening.

It seems people modify their riding style (specifically turning) to work with the STS--in my opinion they could more easily modify their riding style to check the turn indicator light to verify the directional indicator is off.

Having owned bikes that self-cancel, the Fury's simplicity seems to fit the personality of the bike, and I'm fine with cancelling the indicator myself.

·
Registered
411 Posts
"...since turns are usually taken more calmly"
Calm? If I'm leading a group I tend to have to tame myself at turns, in curves, wait up for the cruisers, so my guess is it'd probably work fine with more aggressive riders. HOWEVER... I do AGREE, if you have to change-up your riding style to accommodate an electronic accessory then that's a gadget you don't need. Pay more attention to your own riding. Everyone has done it, I have done it, but I try thinking "the turn's not over 'til the signal is cancelled" kinda like the mantra, "the ride's not over 'til the kickstand is down."

On this subject though, I seen a really cool mod (for OE bullet turns) that I wouldn't mind doing myself. (Might have seen it here, dunno.) Someone drilled a small hole in the back of the front turn signal housing, wired-in a small amber dome LED, then hot glued it into place. The LED would be a bit brighter than the speedo indicator, getting your attention, and it actually looked pretty cool.

Wish I could find pics of that mod. My description and illustration doesn't do it justice.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
One of the perks for the Kuryakyn lens covers is the thin clear plastic ring where it snaps onto the turn signal housing. You can actually see it as you ride so if you run switch back bulbs its either white or flashing amber. 20200916_100652.jpg

Reactions: boatwire and JCB

·
Registered
411 Posts
One of my bikes had a piezo buzzer on it--really not a way to forget the turn signal was on.
I know a few riders I'd like to get THAT for. :LOL:

One of the perks for the Kuryakyn lens covers is the thin clear plastic ring where it snaps onto the turn signal housing. You can actually see it as you ride so if you run switch back bulbs its either white or flashing amber.
I have those deep dish bezels too. Like them because they look great and for the reason you mentioned. But in bright daylight I can't see them blink unless I look right at 'em. That LED mod is in-your-face and can be seen with peripheral vision. I forgot all about that mod until this conversation. I don't have too much trouble forgetting to cancel but I'd still like to do that one of these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts