Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
People have and they are good! I am not sure who exactly but they will chime in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sent my final drive too them rite at 2 months ago kinda getting concerered cant really get a strait answer from them . Orginally it was supposed 2 be 2 weeks

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Thanks sent my final drive too them rite at 2 months ago kinda getting concerered cant really get a strait answer from them . Orginally it was supposed 2 be 2 weeks
Or maybe not so good!?:eek::p
I hear there work is solid. Man! 2 months?! I know how you feel brother!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i have been waiting 2 ride got a couple ralleys in may i would like 2 go 2 but this is putting a kink in everything thought i sent it early enough 2 get it back by now

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i sent mine before daytona his brother in law passed about a week before that thanks im glad im not the only one

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
You are in a long line of people waiting! Seriously we have a very short season here and it is sitting on a lift and I stare at it every day!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I've had the sidestand chromed and I have the front forks, final drive cover, calipers and the torque arm on order.

One way to avoid downtime is, when possible, to order via the exchange program where you pay the fees posted for the core charge that is then refunded when you send back your clean, undamaged original parts.

Due to the events in Japan, parts are slow to come in from Honda - so that is a factor for the exchange program, as Stump needs to get new parts AND hope people return their original ones in the exchange in the proper time period.

So other companies out there also have exchange programs for items ... what are you seeking to have chromed?

For wheels, there are also Bikes2NV and ClassicComponents.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I spoke with Paul yesterday about my wheels. He's working his a** off trying to keep up with all the orders and is under a lot of pressure - just too many orders comin in and everyone calling him about when theirs will be done. I truly think he is doing his best.
Going forward he wants to just do Ebay deals - when he has a part he'll list it, get paid and send it out. I have been waiting 6 weeks for mine on an exchange basis.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Having my final drive done tried the exchange thing but he didnt have any 2 exchange and asked how long it would take before i sent it . Was told 2 ta three weeks . It has been 2 months now . And when i email him every couple weeks he has gotten awful hateful with his replies . If the shoe was on the other foot he would be asking questions . And if i knew it would have been this long i would have waited till the end of fall so he would have had all winter 2 get it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe he needs 2 hirer someone too answer the phone if he has that much work instead of getting hateful with people for checking on there parts . I dont like being told it will be 2 ta 3 weeks then when i check he blows up tell people 3 months and they wont bother him . Just my opinion dont know all the circumstances

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I spoke with Paul yesterday about my wheels. He's working his a** off trying to keep up with all the orders and is under a lot of pressure - just too many orders comin in and everyone calling him about when theirs will be done. I truly think he is doing his best.
Going forward he wants to just do Ebay deals - when he has a part he'll list it, get paid and send it out. I have been waiting 6 weeks for mine on an exchange basis.
Having my final drive done tried the exchange thing but he didnt have any 2 exchange and asked how long it would take before i sent it . Was told 2 ta three weeks . It has been 2 months now . And when i email him every couple weeks he has gotten awful hateful with his replies . If the shoe was on the other foot he would be asking questions . And if i knew it would have been this long i would have waited till the end of fall so he would have had all winter 2 get it.
In speaking with him, he did say a ton of people call for updates. He's swamped and working 7 days a week. I'm sure tax returns have people piling on orders. AND, he's not just a Honda Fury parts guy - he does a lot of other bikes and a lot of other parts.

There's a difference between ordering a shirt/hat/jacket that's in-stock with some company and ordering these specialty items from vendors like L&M, Stumpwerx, ClassicComponents, Bikes2NV, etc.

I know the frustration of delays ... but you WILL be happy with the final product when (not if) you get it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Stump (Paul) did my calipers, final drive, clutch perch and handles, front res, brake levers, etc...

He did a very good job and stands behind his work. Think he was 3 weeks plus 1 day on the final drive. Little past due date on calipers.

Couple weeks back or so, a major hail storm damn near tore up everything he had outside and he reported to me that the mess with that had put him way behind.

Try calling him by the number listed at phatpartsoutlet.com in the pm hours and get your answers. He's a standup guy and a blast to talk to if you get the relationship going. JMO.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I know he does good work and he is a stand up guy the problem is really in the attitude! If he is that far behind stop taking orders and get caught up don't say two weeks and then act like we are a burden when 6 weeks or more have passed! Anybody have a set of calipers and front rotor they want to let me use for the summer so I can at least ride?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
They are REALLY busy, expect all orders to be shipped by early June or before... I have had a conversation with him about every week or two... Just an FYI.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts